Jaguar Forum banner

Suspension fault

5K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  paulsmitz 
#1 ·
Ok so I disconnected (mechanically not electronically) the headlight levelling sensor on my car when I changed my bushes.

I now seem to have a suspension fault with two error codes:

DTC Help for RLM C1A03
Fault type 78 (Mechanical failure - alignment or adjustment is incorrect)
Description
Front left height sensor.
Possible causes
Sensor alignment or adjustment incorrect; signal out of range.
Height sensor linkage not connected.
Height sensor linkage toggled.
Height sensor loose.
Height sensor bracket bent.
Incorrect height calibration.
Wiring to height sensor short circuit to ground.
Wiring to height sensor short to other cable.
Height sensor electrical fault.

DTC Help for RLM U2007
Fault type 67 (Algorithm based failure - signal is incorrect after the event)
Description
Valve(s) circuit.
Possible causes
Valve signal incorrect after event.
Valve positive connections shorted to power or ground.
Electrical leakage between permanent battery volts and any valve positive connection.
Actions required
Visually inspect the wiring harness and connectors between the air suspension control module and the control valves for water ingress.
Where possible, refer to the guided diagnostic routine for this DTC on the approved diagnostic system.

See less See more
#3 ·
Yep cleared them 3 times... comes back within minutes! I am thinking I may have screwed up the sensor or it needs recalibrating but I don't know how to do that or figure out if it is screwed...

I have sdd so not afraid of cracking on... I have run the checks and it seems that the front sensor is reading -1mm where as the others all seem to be 30mm...

#4 ·
Ok so I have gave the front right sensor a jiggle and its now just this one... the front right sensor is reading -1mm while all the others are reading 30mm though... so I think that is still the problem...

DTC Help for RLM U2007
Fault type 67 (Algorithm based failure - signal is incorrect after the event)
Description
Valve(s) circuit.
Possible causes
Valve signal incorrect after event.
Valve positive connections shorted to power or ground.
Electrical leakage between permanent battery volts and any valve positive connection.
Actions required
Visually inspect the wiring harness and connectors between the air suspension control module and the control valves for water ingress.
Where possible, refer to the guided diagnostic routine for this DTC on the approved diagnostic system.

#7 ·
Ok it looks like it's the way it was articulated when parked as one side of the car is at full extension at 40mm and the other is -19mm it's throwing the light on and I can't level it out using the add options! Got it down to 32mm and 0mm looks like by parking it on my lopsided drive it's knackered the air suspension!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.