Updated Bluetooth Telephone for 2008-2011 XF
Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

We are now able to update an old bluetooth module to the latest software revision.

This means if you have an old 2007/2008 module, we can update it to the latest 2012 onward software which gives you compatibility with the newer phones, proper working address book, battery and cellular reception indication.

It's a bit of a hack to make it work, so probably the best thing is we provide the modules on an exchange basis.

Modules for the X150 XK, X250 XF and L359 LR2/Freelander2 can be done on an exchange basis. Modules for the L319/L320/L322 Disco/RRS/FFRR need to be done in the car.

If anyone wants an updated module, send me a PM.

IMG_0622.jpgBluetoothUpdated.jpg
    2009 XKR Portfolio 4.2L S/C
    2005 XJR 4.2L S/C
    2008 Freelander 2 HSE 3.2L Tractor
    2005 X-Type 3.0L & 2001 S-Type 3.0L - gone!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JagInfo.org
    Advertisements

First name
    Michael
    Great! The long preparation and fearless became the great result
    13MY 2.0GTDi/Vapour Grey/Winter Pack/Mods: Illuminated footrest VAGhooks, ADM/Powerfold, Sunblind AHB Meridian 825W NAV w Jag Voice Euro 2 Tune XFR front seats

First name
    Richard
    Does it also give Bluetooth music from the phone?

What is the cost of the module?

5. Remove Advertisements
    JagInfo.org
    Advertisements

Blog Entries

No this is purely just telephone functions, no music.

Well if you can find a used module of the latest revision people are usually asking £150-£200 for them, so somewhere around half that for an exchange one that's been updated would be about right.

Postage from Sydney to the UK would be £13 without tracking, £18 with tracking, I guess about the same to send your old one to me.
    2005 XJR 4.2L S/C

First name
    Michael
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Y View Post
    Does it also give Bluetooth music from the phone?

What is the cost of the module?
    If you have iPod connector, here is solution for music stream:

13MY 2.0GTDi/Vapour Grey/Winter Pack/Mods: Illuminated footrest VAGhooks, ADM/Powerfold, Sunblind AHB Meridian 825W NAV w Jag Voice Euro 2 Tune XFR front seats

First name
    Richard
    mmm ipad connector? I have the mini jack plug and USB sockets, I presume thats not what you mean?

I see it as a silly omission, the car has a fancy integrated sound system and the phone works through it with Bluetooth, why oh, why, wouldn't you allow bluetooth music from the phone to the soundsystem

Blog Entries
    The Portable Audio Interface was an optional fitment in the early cars...

XF Portable Audio.JPG

It has nothing to do with the Bluetooth phone, the Bluetooth is only for telephone functions.

There are a couple of solutions for adding Bluetooth Audio Streaming, depending on if you car has the Portable Audio Module or not.

If you have the Portable Audio Module, then the device in Michael's picture does the trick.

If you don't have the Portable Audio Module, then you have to look at other options, and there are several to choose from.

The software update for the Bluetooth Phone Module only addresses the compatibility and functionality issues of new phones in old cars. Like phone not connecting over bluetooth, address book not available, poor call quality, etc...
    2005 XJR 4.2L S/C

First name
    Michael
    Agreed with @Cambo the call quality is perfect one on Android 6, now testing with Android 7 and iOS10.2 , now the all rattles and echoes gone.

First name
    David
    Quote Originally Posted by 08292 View Post
    If you have iPod connector, here is solution for music stream:

That's not the one you need, it's the WMA1000 that connects to the ipod port of the Jag. Unfortunately the WMA1000 is harder to find and more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by 08292 View Post
    Agreed with @Cambo the call quality is perfect one on Android 6, now testing with Android 7 and iOS10.2 , now the all rattles and echoes gone.
    I've got an Android 6.0 phone (HTC One **) and don't have any issues with call quality, also all the functions including phone book (names and numbers) are all working correctly. Is this something that will affect me when I upgrade phones?

First name
    Jay

I use this to stream music in my pre-facelift. It plugs into the AUX socket and my Galaxy S6 will connect to it and the car. It's about £16 on Amazon.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Spectrum Blue 3.0 S Portfolio. Warm charcoal sports leather. Volans. B&W audio. Reverse camera. Deggy footrest.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Smith View Post
    That's not the one you need, it's the WMA1000 that connects to the ipod port of the Jag. Unfortunately the WMA1000 is harder to find and more expensive.
    Oh I should have looked closer, I just glanced at it and thought it was a WMA1000. Yes it's the WMA1000 you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil1 View Post
    I've got an Android 6.0 phone (HTC One **) and don't have any issues with call quality, also all the functions including phone book (names and numbers) are all working correctly. Is this something that will affect me when I upgrade phones?
    Possibly yes, maybe, hard to say for sure. A lot of people have had issues with 2008 model vehicles (XF, Freelander2 and XK) with "new" phones.

I had to upgrade the phone module in my Freelander2 to one of the newer modules because it would not work properly with my iPhone 6S. I don't use Android myself so i'm not so familiar with the versions, but plenty of reports online about these issues, new phones and older cars.
    2005 XJR 4.2L S/C

First name
    Stuart
    I have a WMA1000 (and iPod cable) sitting on my desk from when my XFR left to be replaced with my F-Type. I have no use for it as the F does do bluetooth music streaming. I'm in Austin TX but it's pretty light for jiffy bag shipping. Any offers PM me...

I have a pre-facelift 2011 S Portfolio in Oz. What do I need to do to upgrade any of the media systems including bluetooth?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gourmetsaint View Post
    I have a pre-facelift 2011 S Portfolio in Oz. What do I need to do to upgrade any of the media systems including bluetooth?

2011 model should have the most up to date phone module in it already, our worst case one revision behind.

Are you having any trouble with the phone, like the address book not updating to the car?

As for upgrades, lots of possibilities, depends on what you're starting with.

Send me a pm with your email address and the vin of the car, I can have a look.

Next month or so we will be upgrading a pre-facelift XF from the base audio system to the 440W B&W Surround system, and adding DAB+ Digital Radio. If that's the sort of upgrade you mean?

Where abouts in Oz are you?
    2005 XJR 4.2L S/C

Canberra

Using Tapatalk

I already have the premium bw sound systew

Using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Ok so what sort of things would you like to have?
    2005 XJR 4.2L S/C

Ability to play music from phone? Updated codecs for usb playing? Update to mapping? I have tv too. Can anything fone with that ?

Using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Do you already have the Portable Audio Module panel in the center console armrest where you can plug in a special cable for an iPod? There is also a USB port in that panel. Like in the picture in post #7?
    2005 XJR 4.2L S/C

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.