Jaguar Forum banner

Centre console rattle

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Shrek 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

Do any of you get a rattle/ vibration coming from the centre console? Hard to pin point exactly where but when I'm driving along there is often a constant rattle / vibration which seems to be coming from either the silver satnav surround or my gloss black veneer trim just below it. Sometimes you hear the odd creek as well like the plastics/veneers are creeking. I've got a door card rattle too but I believe this to be the door cables so i'll have the card off an investigate that.

#2 ·
Could be the spear trim needs popping off and some felt strips stuck in to stop the rattle. I had the centre console cup holder lid rattling on mine, so di the same there with felt.

#3 ·
Cheers mate thanks for the input :upyeah:

#6 ·
Cheers MajorTom I've just got myself some of that felt tape. I'll get the spear off at the weekend, check it all out, clean it up and add the felt tape.

#7 ·
I had a creak from my spear at the weekend (ooh matron!). I'd previously tried felt tape, but it still persisted. In the end it was the plastic backing panel to the main switch panel creaking as the trim twisted slightly. I removed the 4 screws, and coated the back in silicon spray. Removed the excess before replacing, and also put a couple of felt strips above the module for good measure. All sorted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.