Major Service - Using a non Jaguar garage
Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

First name
    Tim

Hello all

I have a Major Service coming up on the XF 3.0 D. I am thinking to go with a local independent garage that I have used for years on previous cars who can do a major service for around £75 less than Jaguar can. Is there anything I need to be aware of or consider on this decision. The car is still under the 2 year approved used warranty but my understanding is that as long as the correct oil is used it should not affect the warranty.

I would have liked to used Jaguar in order to get the stamp in the book but cannot justify the extra cost for the privilege.

The local garage will also provide a loan car (Jaguar charge £15 for this as it requires a days insurance...)

Thanks
    XF 3.0D V6 Premium Luxury Lunar Grey

as long as they use jaguar parts and oil to jag spec and are VAT registered cannot see a problem
    Aurora Red MY2017 R-Sport 180

Call and ask for a discount. I'd go to jaguar - they may highlight an issue which you can warranty claim. Also better courtesy car, safety checks, coffee, pretty girls and checking out the new f-type svr, what's not to like!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First name
    Neill
    You need to find a decent Jag dealer if they are charging for a loan car. Shocking!
    Alaskan Racing White XFR-S with full carbon, and most other extras.
    Previous. IRR XFS Portfolio
    Previous. Stratus Grey XFS Portfolio

Executive Member
    First name
    Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by pn82hhz View Post
    Hello all

I have a Major Service coming up on the XF 3.0 D. I am thinking to go with a local independent garage that I have used for years on previous cars who can do a major service for around £75 less than Jaguar can. Is there anything I need to be aware of or consider on this decision. The car is still under the 2 year approved used warranty but my understanding is that as long as the correct oil is used it should not affect the warranty.

I would have liked to used Jaguar in order to get the stamp in the book but cannot justify the extra cost for the privilege.

The local garage will also provide a loan car (Jaguar charge £15 for this as it requires a days insurance...)

Thanks
    I wouldn't expect any issues if the correct consumables are used, however, see if your local main dealer will price match, many do

First name
    Tim
    Thanks for the replies guys!

Hadn't thought about software. If that means the main touchscreen then an update would be most welcome as its very laggy!

Jag came in at £329 + £15 for loan car
    Jag independent comes in at £315 all in
    Local garage comes in at £270 all in - but will need to check software front and online service update capability (doubt they can do this).

First name
    Geoff
    I've used Sturgess Leicester for the last 6 years, the work done is perfection, the courtesy car IS a newish Jaguar not a Fiesta or something and the insurance charge is £10 I believe if your own insurance doesn't cover it. I live East of Nottingham so it's only half an hour or so down the A46 for me.

Forum members get 10% off parts and labour so the 3+ service deal price comes down from £329 to £296.10:

http://www.sturgessgroup.co.uk/jagua...ears-servicing
    BMW X1 xDrive '190' 2.0D Sport. Departed after nearly 5 years, 2012 MY Jaguar XF 'S' Portfolio, Rhodium Silver, Warm Charcoal, Piano Black trim, 20" Hydra Wheels. Previously '08 2.7 Ultimate Black PL for 4 years and 3x XJ's for 4 years each before that.

Leicester - Just 1 mile from J21 of the M1
    First name
    Nichola/Chris/Heman/Dave/Steve/Shaun
    I'm sure we can help here as our 3+ servicing is £199 for interim service and £329 for major service. We're quite close to you too. I am aware that not all dealers are doing the 3+ programme - but we definitely are.

http://www.sturgessgroup.co.uk/jaguar/aftersales/3-years-servicing/
    Jaguar Retailers Since 1947 & Motor Codes Regional Garage of the Year 2013 & 2014
    http://www.sturgessgroup.com
    Happy to help all XF owners or prospective owners whenever or however we can

First name
    Phil
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturgess View Post
    I'm sure we can help here as our 3+ servicing is £199 for interim service and £329 for major service. We're quite close to you too. I am aware that not all dealers are doing the 3+ programme - but we definitely are.

http://www.sturgessgroup.co.uk/jaguar/aftersales/3-years-servicing/
    Does the 3+ price for discs and pads include genuine Jaguar parts or does it use equivalent non-Jaguar parts?

2014 XFS Portfolio. Carnelian Red, Ivory/Charcoal/Piano Black, sunroof, camera, diffuser
    Previous 2013 XFS Portfolio. Carnelian Red, Ivory, sunroof, camera
    2010XFS PL Specrum Blue, Ivory, Camera

Leicester - Just 1 mile from J21 of the M1
    First name
    Nichola/Chris/Heman/Dave/Steve/Shaun
    Genuine parts with 12 month warranty
    Jaguar Retailers Since 1947 & Motor Codes Regional Garage of the Year 2013 & 2014
    http://www.sturgessgroup.com
    Happy to help all XF owners or prospective owners whenever or however we can

First name
    Phil
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturgess View Post
    Genuine parts with 12 month warranty
    Thanks - i will get mine booked in to you. My usual dealer told me they don't use Jag parts

2014 XFS Portfolio. Carnelian Red, Ivory/Charcoal/Piano Black, sunroof, camera, diffuser
    Previous 2013 XFS Portfolio. Carnelian Red, Ivory, sunroof, camera
    2010XFS PL Specrum Blue, Ivory, Camera

First name
    Tim
    In the end I got my car serviced with Stratstone Jaguar in Nottingham. Up until recently this was HA Fox and Derby was Stratstone. For some reason they have recently swapped but luckily for me the staff have stayed put. Simon who works in Service at Nottingham is great to deal with. I had booked it in this week but could not make it in time in the morning due to an unbelievable amount of traffic. I called them to reschedule but Simon said he could have my car picked up from my place of work (in Derby) later that morning, serviced and then returned at no extra charge. (The Derby garage insisted that they would charge me £15 for a loan car!!).

Soon after I got to work a member of the Stratstone team met me at reception to collect the car. Later in the day it was returned - fully serviced with no other findings (tyres and brakes were done around 6 months ago).

Excellent customer service! The only thing I missed out on is the opportunity to drive a new Jag loan car for the day....bloody traffic.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.