Last chance for an XK?
Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Rampant Member
    First name
    Jim

Last chance for an XK?

Some of you will know I have dallied with the idea of buying an XK for some time, but have finally found one I like (at a reasonable price). The question is should I go for it?

I don't think I will be able to keep the XE as well (SWMBO will put her foot down hard on that), so may have to look for everyday cheap wheels, but I am sorely tempted.
    Previous owner of X-type 3.0AWD, X-type 2.2d Estate, XF 2.7d, XFS 3.0d.
    Currently Jaguar XE 240 R-sport and XK 5.0 Convertible.
    You've got to love Jags.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JagInfo.org
    Advertisements

First name
    Jim
    Which model and year, do you have any pictures of it and is it something you really hanker after.
    2009 XK 5.0L Portfolio ​Past:-87'XJS 3.6L, 93'XJ40 3.2L gold, 95'XJ6 4.0L sport, 00'XJ8 3.2L sport, 2005 XK8 4.2L coupe in that order and enjoyed all of 'em.

Rampant Member
    First name
    Jim
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbov8 View Post
    Which model and year, do you have any pictures of it and is it something you really hanker after.
    2013 convertible in metallic red. Yes, I have wanted one since I drove first 5 litre one in 2010.
    You've got to love Jags.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JagInfo.org
    Advertisements

First name
    Rick
    Very interesting Jim - you only live once is the saying 😎

'sent from my awesome Bluefire XE'
    PR2 - Bluefire XE R-Sport 240: Panoramic sunroof, Meridian audio, Keyless entry, rear electric sunblind..........
    Previously in a 2.2 Sport LE, Kyanite Blue 'Pocket Rocket' XF facelift

First name
    Jim
    Quote Originally Posted by coneman View Post
    2013 convertible in metallic red. Yes, I have wanted one since I drove first 5 litre one in 2010.
    If you can afford it then go for it, it's rather an exclusive club in real terms.
    2009 XK 5.0L Portfolio ​Past:-87'XJS 3.6L, 93'XJ40 3.2L gold, 95'XJ6 4.0L sport, 00'XJ8 3.2L sport, 2005 XK8 4.2L coupe in that order and enjoyed all of 'em.

First name
    Paul
    Why not?
    XJLWB Polaris, black venoms,rear entertainment pack, front and rear heated and cooled and massage seats, heated steering wheel,illuminated tread plates and luggage liner and lots more.

Rampant Member
    First name
    Jim
    Quote Originally Posted by R17 View Post
    Very interesting Jim - you only live once is the saying 😎

I haven't been too well recently Rick (nothing desperately serious) which certainly makes you think... and with reducing mobility, this could be a now or never. My only real concern is leaving it, when out and about, some people can be very jealous.
    You've got to love Jags.

First name
    John
    Do it!!! I remember agonising over the purchased of my XF . . . . wouldn't now!

Sent from my Nexus 10 and a Black XF-S 😎
    XF-S Portfolio in BLACK

First name
    Rick
    I haven't been too well recently Rick (nothing desperately serious) which certainly makes you think... and with reducing mobility, this could be a now or never. My only real concern is leaving it, when out and about, some people can be very jealous.
    Sorry to hear that Jim..........I think any car can be susceptible, but the XK would have to be parked 'carefully' 😉

If that's your only worry then scratch that itch! 👍

PR2 - Bluefire XE R-Sport 240: Panoramic sunroof, Meridian audio, Keyless entry, rear electric sunblind..........
    Previously in a 2.2 Sport LE, Kyanite Blue 'Pocket Rocket' XF facelift

First name
    Neill
    Go for it Jim. I did, and believe it or not, I'm not really noticing the fuel costs still. I picked my RS up on oct 1st with 2600 miles on it since it was new in march 2015. It now has 8500 on it

I defo got sucked into the 'diesel mpg is good thing', but now back in a petrol, it's great. My last petrol was an e46 M3 back in 2005. The Jag is equally fuel (in)efficient, but 5.0 sc 550ps, vs 3.2 340ps.
    Alaskan Racing White XFR-S with full carbon, and most other extras.
    Previous. IRR XFS Portfolio
    Previous. Stratus Grey XFS Portfolio

First name
    Jim
    You may find as I have done when out and about jim, that even the rather unscrupulous youths will want to talk to you about it and admire it rather than damage it.
    That's been my experience hope it will be the same for you.

Rampant Member
    First name
    Jim
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrek View Post
    Go for it Jim. I did, and believe it or not, I'm not really noticing the fuel costs still. I picked my RS up on oct 1st with 2600 miles on it since it was new in march 2015. It now has 8500 on it

I defo got sucked into the 'diesel mpg is good thing', but now back in a petrol, it's great. My last petrol was an e46 M3 back in 2005. The Jag is equally fuel (in)efficient, but 5.0 sc 550ps, vs 3.2 340ps.
    The fuel costs don't bother me that much to be honest, as I only do low mileage anyway and insurance is reasonable for the performance (the n/a engine is lower consumption anyway than the s/c version and quick enough for me). The shape and the engine and the luxury make it hard to say no.
    It sounds as if I have made my mind up really and I didn't expect any of the enthusiasts on here to say don't do it, but someone might have a compelling 'no' argument.
    You've got to love Jags.

If you've found the 'right' one Jim, especially after such a long search, then this one's maybe meant to be
    Jaguar XFR 2014MY - Italian Racing Red with Ivory/Charcoal/Dark Oak Interior, Nevis Alloys, Parking Pack and Heated Steering Wheel.

Aah, red 'vert - my personal spec too!

As for leaving it parked - well it has survived so far has it not?
    XF replaced by a big tractor due to intransigence of Jaguar marketing. A V6 engine and a Portfolio interior are now mutually exclusive if you live in the UK, but not elsewhere.

Old lives matter!

Executive Member (Head of Forum Security) Dave's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    First name
    Dave
    Of course do it

First name
    Dave
    Go for it Jim, you only live once, the worst that could happen is the need to sell it, but at least you will have fulfilled your dream and owned one

First name
    Nick
    Jim, the depreciation on an XK will probably be a lot less than your XE especially if it remains fairly low mileage. Despite the extra running costs, an XK could actually save you money in the long run. It could even end up appreciating!
    MY2013 IRR XFS Portfolio - Ivory/Charcoal - Piano Black - Hydra Alloys - Parking Pack
    Supplied by: Sturgess

Executive Member (Head of Forum Security) Dave's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    First name
    Dave
    Wish you'd told me that

Rampant Member
    First name
    Jim
    Well..................Deal done. Happy Day and I feel a very lucky man to be able to fulfil one of my dreams for the last six years and scratch that V8 itch before they disappear completely.
    You've got to love Jags.

Rampant Member
    First name
    Jim
    Quote Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
    Jim, the depreciation on an XK will probably be a lot less than your XE especially if it remains fairly low mileage. Despite the extra running costs, an XK could actually save you money in the long run. It could even end up appreciating!
    Hope you are right Nick, but knowing me I will probably chop it in just before they start appreciating.
    You've got to love Jags.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.