Has Anyone used DMS Southampton for a remap on XFR 2013/2014/2015
Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Has Anyone used DMS Southampton for a remap on XFR 2013/2014/2015

Hi everyone, my other half it's considering having his Jaguar XFR remapped by DMS in Southampton. Any feedback would be most grateful before we proceed. I have read many positive reviews but nothing on a XFR. So if anyone out there can help. We would be most grateful.
    Mary

2. Remove Advertisements
    JagInfo.org
    Advertisements

Good but spendy..

Most people are using Viezu in West Midlands. I've got their V-Switch remote tuner and very happy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First name
    Chris
    Ancil had his XFR mapped there I believe and he was very happy.
    MY15 XF R-Sport Sportbrake 3.0 IRR / Black Pack / Winter / Parking / Mirror / Keyless Entry / Adaptive Dynamics / Dark Dracos Mods - Carbon Veneer / Carbon Mirrors / XFR-S Carbon Diffuser / Spires Quad Exhausts / Customised Steering Wheel

First name
    John
    As no-one else has said it . . . . . . welcome to the forum, Mary!!
    (I have no idea regarding your question . . . . )
    XF-S Portfolio in BLACK

First name
    Dave
    Welcome aboard Mary

I had my XFR remapped and had the speedlimiter removed on my then brand new MY13 car.

Can't really say anymore, 'it does what it says on the tin' a very smooth map and never had any issues, they also state they will upload the map foc should any dealer reflash the software

First name
    Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by phil200tdi View Post
    Good but spendy..

Most people are using Viezu in West Midlands. I've got their V-Switch remote tuner and very happy!

Easy enough to install etc Phil?

Im going to go for Viezu myself come April, when the wedding is out of the way etc.
    2010 Jaguar XFR Polaris White with Charcoal/Red Leather [Custom Backboxes - 3.5" Tail Pipes | Custom X Pipe | TCP Intake | K&N Filters | Kumho ECSTA SPT | Eibach Springs | H&R Spacers]

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisNI View Post
    Easy enough to install etc Phil?

Im going to go for Viezu myself come April, when the wedding is out of the way etc.
    Yep very easy.

Plug in device to OBD port, read std map. Send to viezu, get a modified map, upload to vehicle.

Revert to standard at any time.

First name
    Chris
    Yep very easy.

Plug in device to OBD port, read std map. Send to viezu, get a modified map, upload to vehicle.

Revert to standard at any time.

Sounds brilliant. Roughly about 500 quid for 2 maps is it?

How much of a difference did you notice and can you inform Viezu what else you have done in the car for them to tailor it slightly?
    2010 Jaguar XFR Polaris White with Charcoal/Red Leather [Custom Backboxes - 3.5" Tail Pipes | Custom X Pipe | TCP Intake | K&N Filters | Kumho ECSTA SPT | Eibach Springs | H&R Spacers]

Sounds brilliant. Roughly about 500 quid for 2 maps is it?

How much of a difference did you notice and can you inform Viezu what else you have done in the car for them to tailor it slightly?
    I've got K&N filters, Exhaust mods and an upper pulley. They wrote the map to tailor based on this.

I only got one map as it was cheaper, and knew I wouldn't switch much.. Id like a dyno chart to compare before and after but the torque increase was massive. In 4th it feels like 3rd gear as standard. It pulls hard at 2500rpm and just keeps building.

Takes some care to drive in the rain/cold. Kick down can light up the tyres at 70mph!

Important to note that Viezu are the UKs biggest tuning company and provide maps for many tuners internationally. They have been very professional in the dealings I've had...

First name
    Chris
    I've got K&N filters, Exhaust mods and an upper pulley. They wrote the map to tailor based on this.

I only got one map as it was cheaper, and knew I wouldn't switch much.. Id like a dyno chart to compare before and after but the torque increase was massive. In 4th it feels like 3rd gear as standard. It pulls hard at 2500rpm and just keeps building.

Takes some care to drive in the rain/cold. Kick down can light up the tyres at 70mph!

Important to note that Viezu are the UKs biggest tuning company and provide maps for many tuners internationally. They have been very professional in the dealings I've had...

Think ill go for one myself aswel, I think they said it was around £499 but hopefully they can inform me better around the time.

Yes ill have panel filters, x pipe, intake and pulley hopefully all done by then.

Viezu said with a pulley and one of their maps you could be close to 600, seriously excited to see how my car fares with all the above attached also.

Think ill go for one myself aswel, I think they said it was around £499 but hopefully they can inform me better around the time.

Yes ill have panel filters, x pipe, intake and pulley hopefully all done by then.

Viezu said with a pulley and one of their maps you could be close to 600, seriously excited to see how my car fares with all the above attached also.
    I paid less for one map - pm me for details.

I'd say 570-580bhp is more realistic. For 600 you need to go catless..

First name
    Chris

I thought it was slightly on the high side ... catless id love to do, similar to what I had in my SRT8, cats removed and literally stainless from the headers right back to a tail pipe. Was great for that car but I fear for daily driving the Jag it would become a pain.

PM on its way!

First name
    Dave

I wouldn't bother with air filters, they do nothing to increase the performance, unless it's for longevity

First name
    Dave

A map and pulley should put you close to 600bhp

Thanks Chris, will update everyone once we go ahead with the work.
    Cheers Mary.

No worries John, have had a couple of positive replies and will update everyone once we go ahead with the work.
    Cheers Mary.

Executive Member (Head of Forum Security) Dave's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    First name
    Dave
    Are you local to Southampton then?

Hi Dave no we are not but DMS have been recommended somwill go with them we think.
    Mary

Executive Member (Head of Forum Security) Dave's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    First name
    Dave
    Good news let us know how you get on

Forum discount ??

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.