It's Motoring Jim...But not as we know it! - Page 7
Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 121 to 138 of 138
  1. #121
    Executive Member Ancill's Avatar
    Join Date
    16th Oct 2012
    Location
    Peterborough
    Posts
    18,619
    First name
    Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by BigE View Post
    XK8's can be cheap, you just need LPG.
    Jerry is considering an XK8 as a weekend summer toy

  2. Remove Advertisements
    JagInfo.org
    Advertisements
     

  3. #122
    Prodigious Member Horlicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    17th Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    500
    I am somewhat envious of your XFRs though. I was just about to do a deal on the discounted end of line offerings where the offer was unrefusable (half list price for me) but the Mrs decided the roof needed converting and all the saved up cash suddenly disappeared. I know I am going to regret this for a long long time (or until that Giulia Cloverleaf is sitting on the driveway).

  4. #123
    Executive Member Ancill's Avatar
    Join Date
    16th Oct 2012
    Location
    Peterborough
    Posts
    18,619
    First name
    Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by Horlicks View Post
    I am somewhat envious of your XFRs though. I was just about to do a deal on the discounted end of line offerings where the offer was unrefusable (half list price for me) but the Mrs decided the roof needed converting and all the saved up cash suddenly disappeared. I know I am going to regret this for a long long time (or until that Giulia Cloverleaf is sitting on the driveway).
    Now that Giulia after a couple of years depreciation could be very interesting

  5. #124
    Active Member davetech's Avatar
    Join Date
    27th Jul 2016
    Location
    Wilts
    Posts
    150
    First name
    Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrek View Post
    I think you are still the only FM who spends more on VED than fuel in a year
    VED is another topic entirely...
    My sister kept bragging how her Focus might be a poxy little car with no power, but she only pays £35 per year VED.
    ...until I pointed out that her car will cost the same as my phenomenal and powerful Jag after April this year (£140).
    2012 PL 3.0D Black

  6. #125
    Senior member Gav's Avatar
    Join Date
    11th Sep 2012
    Location
    Bonnyrigg
    Posts
    4,166
    Quote Originally Posted by davetech View Post
    VED is another topic entirely...
    My sister kept bragging how her Focus might be a poxy little car with no power, but she only pays £35 per year VED.
    ...until I pointed out that her car will cost the same as my phenomenal and powerful Jag after April this year (£140).
    How's that then?
    Aurora Red MY2017 R-Sport 180

  7. #126
    Active Member davetech's Avatar
    Join Date
    27th Jul 2016
    Location
    Wilts
    Posts
    150
    First name
    Dave
    VED changes from April this year. Pretty much every car except new ones over £40K or electric will pay £140 per year.
    I was about to buy 12 months VED, when I found out, so went for 6 months as it reduces after April.
    2012 PL 3.0D Black

  8. #127
    Senior member Gav's Avatar
    Join Date
    11th Sep 2012
    Location
    Bonnyrigg
    Posts
    4,166
    Quote Originally Posted by davetech View Post
    VED changes from April this year. Pretty much every car except new ones over £40K or electric will pay £140 per year.
    I was about to buy 12 months VED, when I found out, so went for 6 months as it reduces after April.
    but that's only for new cars registered after april 2017.
    Pre April 2017 VED stays the same.
    I pay £30
    Aurora Red MY2017 R-Sport 180

  9. #128
    Active Member davetech's Avatar
    Join Date
    27th Jul 2016
    Location
    Wilts
    Posts
    150
    First name
    Dave
    Of course. My Mistake.
    I misread an article that insinuated that all cars would be £140.
    Don't tell my smug sister
    2012 PL 3.0D Black

  10. #129
    Senior member Gav's Avatar
    Join Date
    11th Sep 2012
    Location
    Bonnyrigg
    Posts
    4,166
    Quote Originally Posted by davetech View Post
    Of course. My Mistake.
    I misread an article that insinuated that all cars would be £140.
    Don't tell my smug sister
    'Mums' the word
    Aurora Red MY2017 R-Sport 180

  11. #130
    Executive Member ExFS's Avatar
    Join Date
    15th Aug 2012
    Location
    Down South
    Posts
    9,095
    Quote Originally Posted by wilf View Post
    I am very much looking forward to the mechanical interventions he performs on a "cheap" XK8...........I am not to old to learn at the feet of a master.
    The XK is very much growing larger on the horizon. I'm hoping wifey's bonus time might see a few spondoolies sent my way once everything else is paid for
    Jaguar XFR 2014MY - Italian Racing Red with Ivory/Charcoal/Dark Oak Interior, Nevis Alloys, Parking Pack and Heated Steering Wheel.

  12. #131
    Executive Member Ancill's Avatar
    Join Date
    16th Oct 2012
    Location
    Peterborough
    Posts
    18,619
    First name
    Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by ExFS View Post
    The XK is very much growing larger on the horizon. I'm hoping wifey's bonus time might see a few spondoolies sent my way once everything else is paid for
    Lucky you, its the other way round in the Ancill household, even the kids take their slice before I get my hands on MY Bonus!!!

  13. #132
    Administrator TheStig's Avatar
    Join Date
    5th Aug 2012
    Location
    North Lincolnshire
    Posts
    18,473
    First name
    Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancill View Post
    Lucky you, its the other way round in the Ancill household, even the kids take their slice before I get my hands on MY Bonus!!!
    Fibber.......you get 50% of it......

    .....that just about covers the tax doesn't it?
    MY2013 IRR XFS Portfolio - Ivory/Charcoal - Piano Black - Hydra Alloys - Parking Pack
    Supplied by: Sturgess

  14. #133
    Executive Member Ancill's Avatar
    Join Date
    16th Oct 2012
    Location
    Peterborough
    Posts
    18,619
    First name
    Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
    Fibber.......you get 50% of it......

    .....that just about covers the tax doesn't it?
    That just about sums it up perfectly

  15. #134
    Super Moderator wilf's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd Jul 2012
    Location
    Leicestershire
    Posts
    18,719
    Reminds me of my first divorce.

    She got the house, I got the mortgage.
    XF replaced by a big tractor due to intransigence of Jaguar marketing. A V6 engine and a Portfolio interior are now mutually exclusive if you live in the UK, but not elsewhere.

    Old lives matter!

  16. #135
    Executive Member Ancill's Avatar
    Join Date
    16th Oct 2012
    Location
    Peterborough
    Posts
    18,619
    First name
    Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by wilf View Post
    Reminds me of my first divorce.

    She got the house, I got the mortgage.
    The sharing kind of ex then

  17. #136
    Super Moderator wilf's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd Jul 2012
    Location
    Leicestershire
    Posts
    18,719
    Oh yes, she shared many things with me, mostly the blame.
    XF replaced by a big tractor due to intransigence of Jaguar marketing. A V6 engine and a Portfolio interior are now mutually exclusive if you live in the UK, but not elsewhere.

    Old lives matter!

  18. #137
    Executive Member Ancill's Avatar
    Join Date
    16th Oct 2012
    Location
    Peterborough
    Posts
    18,619
    First name
    Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by wilf View Post
    Oh yes, she shared many things with me, mostly the blame.
    Your lucky, I got all the blame

  19. #138
    Super Moderator wilf's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd Jul 2012
    Location
    Leicestershire
    Posts
    18,719
    Why am I not surprised?

    I can honestly say that I did not have "carnal knowledge" of another female until wife #1 had left the building. (Although to be fair it was very quickly after that, lol)
    XF replaced by a big tractor due to intransigence of Jaguar marketing. A V6 engine and a Portfolio interior are now mutually exclusive if you live in the UK, but not elsewhere.

    Old lives matter!


 

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •