General Chit Chat - Page 25
Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 765 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125525 ... LastLast
    First name
    Barney
    Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.S-Type 2.7D MY2006 you can find user and workshop manuals for X, XK8, XJ, and S-type etc it is free all in PDF https://www.mediafire.com/#8jcp20v4cx7t2

2. Remove Advertisements
    JagInfo.org
    Advertisements

off to get showered & shaved don't tell the water board, her majesty old lizzies is dispatching me to the shops for provisions
    xj swb now children behave

First name
    Barney
    Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.S-Type 2.7D MY2006 you can find user and workshop manuals for X, XK8, XJ, and S-type etc it is free all in PDF https://www.mediafire.com/#8jcp20v4cx7t2

Quote Originally Posted by ExFS View Post
    Damn you're right! I have had a closer look and I must've missread it!

Attachment 116378
    Je-sus! I didn't think you could be offended by a wrist watch. Appears I was wrong!

That thing is hideous - and probably a coping mechanism for being short elsewhere!
    2010MY XF-S Portfolio, Ultimate Black, Aero Pack, Dynamic Pack, Reverse Cam, B+W 440, TPMS and Volans

It's my special 'Musk' edition. It never fails, I can't actually go out with it on any more as I've run out of ****** sticks to beat them all off with.
    Jaguar XFR 2014MY - Italian Racing Red with Ivory/Charcoal/Dark Oak Interior, Nevis Alloys, Parking Pack and Heated Steering Wheel.

First name
    Barney
    Quote Originally Posted by ExFS View Post
    It's my special 'Musk' edition. It never fails, I can't actually go out with it on any more as I've run out of ****** sticks to beat them all off with.

First name
    John
    Afternoon y'all, just an ultra quick pop in to say hello,
    I think I have now caught up with the thread from last night
    I will be back later and will catch up with the 20 pages that
    will no doubt be completed by then.

see you later guys
    John

First name
    Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by WelshyGit View Post
    Afternoon y'all, just an ultra quick pop in to say hello,
    I think I have now caught up with the thread from last night
    I will be back later and will catch up with the 20 pages that
    will no doubt be completed by then.

see you later guys
    John
    20 John?? You're optomistic ;-)
    MY2012 XF 2.2D Luxury in Polaris White.

First name
    Barney

First name
    Ed
    I've run out of steam now, it must be home time soon.
    Jaguar XK8 (X100) - 1998 4.0 V8
    Is a dream a lie that don't come true, or is it something worse?

First name
    Barney
    Stoke up the boiler and get that car rolling

First name
    Elton
    Yeah, know that feeling.

I'm trying to repair a neighbours Lappy. Child [special needs] has done something and cannot access the internet.

Not sure what she's done but its a restore time to try and resolve.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________________________
    2013 Jaguar XF 2.2 PL in Polaris White with Grey Interior

First name
    Ed
    Turned off the wifi switch?

First name
    Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney100golf View Post
    Stoke up the boiler and get that car rolling
    I think you're right, time to go and kill some baby polar bears.

First name
    Elton
    No Ed .... Connects to the router but No Internet Access ?
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

First name
    Barney
    The UK Ministry of Defence has officially awarded a £30m contract to produce a prototype laser weapon.

The aim is to see whether "directed energy" technology could benefit the armed forces, and is to culminate in a demonstration of the system in 2019.

The contract was picked up by a consortium of European defence firms.

The prototype will be assessed on how it picks up and tracks targets at different distances and in varied weather conditions over land and water.

First name
    Ed
    Mo, has the network adaptor been disabled or set to specific up address, router or gateway. Make sure it is enabled and set to DHCP

First name
    Elton
    Reinstalled the network adaptor ... still nowt.

I did get one 'error' page saying that the Default Gateway was not available ... whatever that means?

First name
    Barney
    Former UKIP leader Nigel Farage is to present a daily chat show on the radio station LBC.

The Nigel Farage Show will air from 19:00 to 20:00, Mondays to Thursdays, with the host describing it as "full of opinions, callers and reaction".

First name
    Barney
    Quote Originally Posted by MoabUtah View Post
    Reinstalled the network adaptor ... still nowt.

I did get one 'error' page saying that the Default Gateway was not available ... whatever that means?
    Windows 8/10, along with a complete User Interface overhaul and improvements and features by the boatload, brought with it a slew of network and connectivity issues. One of these issues was the “Default gateway is not available” issue. Users who suffered from this problem would either have their internet connection dropped every now and then (only to be fixed following a reset of their wireless router) or have no access to the internet at all and a Limited or no connectivity status symbol on the network icon in their system tray.

When affected users would run Windows diagnostic tools on their network connection, they would be informed that the culprit is their default gateway not being available. The “Default gateway is not available” issue can be caused by anything from a McAfee product or the Windows 8 auto logon feature to outdated and obsolete network adapter drivers. Since this problem messes with your internet connection, you can probably imagine just how severe an issue it actually is.

Before you go ahead, it is worth power-cycling your router. To do this, turn off your router, and the modem if router is hooked up to ISP’s modem (both off) for a 5 minutes and then turn them back on. If the results, are same then go ahead with the methods below.

Fortunately, the “Default gateway is not available” problem is fixable in almost all cases, and the following are some of the most effective solutions that you can use to try and fix it:
    Solution 1: Remove any and all McAfee programs that you have

In many cases, the culprit behind the “Default gateway is not available” issue was a McAfee security program. If you have any McAfee security programs whatsoever, go to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features and completely uninstall them. OR go directly to the Add & Remove Programs by Holding Windows Key and Pressing R, simultaneously, and typing appwiz.cpl in the run dialog.

2015-12-02_121908

If this solution works, you can go ahead and install alternatives to the McAfee programs that you deleted, but remember to steer clear of any and all McAfee products. If this solution doesn’t work, however, simply try the next one. Once the issue is resolved, you can re-install your anti-virus product.
    Solution 2: Disable the Auto Logon feature

Many Windows 10 users reported the “Default gateway is not available” issue having a connection with, for reasons only the Big Guy in the sky knows, the auto logon feature that Microsoft introduced with Windows 8. The auto logon feature, as soon as their computer starts, logs the user onto the user account that was being used when the computer was shut down. There is no clear and straightforward set of instructions that you can use to disable the auto logon feature, but simply assigning a password to all of the accounts on your computer will keep the auto logon feature at bay and prevent it from being activated. If you’re scared of forgetting your password(s), simply make sure that the passwords you create are extremely simple and easy to remember, and you can even opt to create hints for your passwords. It should even be easier if you switch to a Microsoft Account instead of a Local Account because that will allow you to reset password easily using your e-mail address if it’s forgotten.
    Solution 3: Update your network adapter’s drivers

Search for and open the Device Manager. Expand the Network adapters. Right-click on the network adapter that you are currently using (Broadcom 802.11a Network Adapter – for example). Click on Update Driver Software… in the contextual menu.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.