General Chit Chat - Page 75
Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 391 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 7808
    jimmys wee bellys full a sleep might be on the cards
    xj x351 help ma boab ive peed ma kilt

2. Remove Advertisements
    JagInfo.org
    Advertisements

First name
    Ed
    Sweet Dreams.
    Jaguar XK8 (X100) - 1998 4.0 V8
    Is a dream a lie that don't come true, or is it something worse?

Hi everybody, been out early today, to get finished what we could not cover yesterday, Ed that traffic coming back up the M40 was a *****, crawling pace at times. got back a bit late and could not cover all the work. Been and sorted that today, Just thought I would look in and see that jimmy is back to his old self, off to kip again;
    Funny-Drunk-People-Picture-04.jpg

Best cover him up or he will catch his death. Not too warm up there. LOL.
    " Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, and promoted by an unscrupulous media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a tyrd by the clean end". Jaguar Sovereign 1998 V8 4.0.

First name
    Ed
    Afternoon Stan,

The motorways are a bit rubbish now I have to agree.
    I've just collected the Jag, new wheel bearing fitted and it's a whole lot better. This is a new garage for me and I quite liked them. they pointed out the brake pipes were heavily corroded (which I knew) and they said they were happy to fit new braided brake hoses if I wanted to supply them. I've booked it in for the 25th to get both done and an MOT.

Quote Originally Posted by BigE View Post
    Afternoon Stan,

The motorways are a bit rubbish now I have to agree.
    I've just collected the Jag, new wheel bearing fitted and it's a whole lot better. This is a new garage for me and I quite liked them. they pointed out the brake pipes were heavily corroded (which I knew) and they said they were happy to fit new braided brake hoses if I wanted to supply them. I've booked it in for the 25th to get both done and an MOT.
    Sounds good Ed, It aint often you come across a decent Indie, so you off to work in the jag tomorrow or are you finished for the week.

You seem to be lucky down your way finding places like this little gem you've found, some places would have taken a week with you jag bearing. Lets hope they can do more for you.
    Any update on the Volvo yet.
    " Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, and promoted by an unscrupulous media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a tyrd by the clean end". Jaguar Sovereign 1998 V8 4.0.

First name
    Ed
    I have to say other than the garage who did my LPG conversion I've been a bit irritated with the local garages, they seem good to start with and then go off the boil. I've found good welders and I've found an excellent mobile mechanic who is good at fixing mechanical stuff. However, this garage I used today like to work on classic cars and they did a fair job I think. The garage which did the LPG conversion are just too far away and the wife complains about ferrying me about. Today's garage can be walked to if needed and is only just past the kids school so no big deal to get to.

As for the Volvo, the guy who came today seemed genuinely happy with it, he was going to call me this evening to confirm if he wanted it or not. I will see.

I have to say other than the garage who did my LPG conversion I've been a bit irritated with the local garages, they seem good to start with and then go off the boil. I've found good welders and I've found an excellent mobile mechanic who is good at fixing mechanical stuff. However, this garage I used today like to work on classic cars and they did a fair job I think. The garage which did the LPG conversion are just too far away and the wife complains about ferrying me about. Today's garage can be walked to if needed and is only just past the kids school so no big deal to get to.

As for the Volvo, the guy who came today seemed genuinely happy with it, he was going to call me this evening to confirm if he wanted it or not. I will see.
    So no call yet then I take it. Fingers crossed mate.

First name
    Ed
    He said this evening as his wife was at work. I'm expecting 8-9pm probably.

In preparation for the Jags MOT on the 25th Jan. I've just ordered 4 new braided brake hoses, a new windscreen (on insurance as I've a crack), new wiper blades and I've got a set of Brembo pads to fit on Friday if it's now snowing.

First name
    Ed
    I do need to sell the Volvo to pay for all this!

I do need to sell the Volvo to pay for all this!
    Don't leave yourself short mate or I can see you farting into the jag tank to top up LOL.

First name
    Ed
    I'll be fine. I got the Audi for about £4K less than I was expecting to spend so there is a bit aside for other important stuff.

First name
    Phil
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Same here John. Since I bought my winters in 2013 the only snow I have seen was on a Christmas card.

Still on summers, I know the winter tyres are not about snow, it would be nice to try them out though as you say
    We have a yellow snow warning for tomorrow, forecast is 2.54mm (1/10th inch!!)

Winters now on, snow shovel and emergency blankets in car, bring it on

2014 XFS Portfolio. Carnelian Red, Ivory/Charcoal/Piano Black, sunroof, camera, diffuser
    Previous 2013 XFS Portfolio. Carnelian Red, Ivory, sunroof, camera
    2010XFS PL Specrum Blue, Ivory, Camera

Oooooh - that's not an over-reaction at all, is it? F.F.S!!! Enough snow to maybe fill the cracks in the tarmac - and we're getting a yellow warning - lmao!!!! And we wonder why the country grinds to a halt at the sign of the first flake.
    2010MY XF-S Portfolio, Ultimate Black, Aero Pack, Dynamic Pack, Reverse Cam, B+W 440, TPMS and Volans

First name
    Elton
    Haven't long been in ... very long bowls match today. A comfortable win 25+ shots for our rink alone. Think all the others won too but they'd all finished before us and switched off their scores!

Anyway, a good win and now I am tired ... 4 hour matches take it out of me!

While out my second delivery of timber arrived and was taken in by a neighbour. Too tired to check it out yet ... will do so tomorrow.

But my head is not up to typing and t'internet so I shall bid you all a goodnight
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________________________
    2013 Jaguar XF 2.2 PL in Polaris White with Grey Interior

First name
    Ed
    Night mo, good match.

I just had a text from the chap who came to look at the Volvo, he said he liked it and it was a good car but his wife has said she wants a newer on. Fair enough, another viewing on Friday.

First name
    Jim
    Onwards and upwards Ed, someone will buy it.
    2009 XK 5.0L Portfolio ​Past:-87'XJS 3.6L, 93'XJ40 3.2L gold, 95'XJ6 4.0L sport, 00'XJ8 3.2L sport, 2005 XK8 4.2L coupe in that order and enjoyed all of 'em.

First name
    Phil

Don't eat the yellow snow.
    XJ V6 3 l, XFR 5 l. Past: XF V8 4.2 l, XJ12 6 l, Sovereign 4 l, XJS, XJC 4.2 l & 5.3 l convertibles, S1 & S2 XJ6 / 12 saloons, Mk 9 3.8 l, Mk 10 3.8 l, 420G, 3.8 l E type powered special, 3.8 l E types, Mk 2 3.4 l & 3.8 l saloons.

First name
    Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbov8 View Post
    Onwards and upwards Ed, someone will buy it.
    Yep, I'm not too fussed, I've only listed it on Gumtree so far and had a number of people asking to come and see it. One chap offered me £2600 with even looking. I can always go back to him if I get fed up waiting.
    If no sale on Friday or new interest at the weekend I'll list it on eBay with a make an offer button. That usually helps get max visibility.

well had a wee kip as you do, just up expecting the place to be coverd in the white stuff, bugga all bbc waste of time
    xj x351 help ma boab ive peed ma kilt

First name
    Ed
    And how much do they spend on the Met Office?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.