General Chit Chat - Page 918
Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 918 of 962 FirstFirst ... 418818868908916917918919920928 ... LastLast
Results 18,341 to 18,360 of 19239
    Quote Originally Posted by BigE View Post
    She is getting there. Another 6 weeks of tests and some practicing and she should be up to speed, she then has to try and catch up with all the other children by learning twice as quickly. She is about a year behind everyone in her class which is tough for her. It doesn't help that both her big and little sisters are really clever and on the ball so it's not as if she gets any understanding form them.

Of course, when we were all at school you'd just be labeled a thicko and that would be it.
    sckool I went to we all were
    xj swb now children behave

2. Remove Advertisements
    JagInfo.org
    Advertisements

hated the place and I don't like using that word but I did, teachers wer tossers and didn't care and it was full of bullys

First name
    Ed
    I didn't enjoy school much ether. Much preferred it when I started working.
    Jaguar XK8 (X100) - 1998 4.0 V8
    Is a dream a lie that don't come true, or is it something worse?

aye me to, my brothers and sisters were all clever at sckool allways one ehh

First name
    David
    Not good memories of Poole ............... long story short and a very long time ago when I was a keen sailor. Boats used to raft up against the town quay - we're talking 1970's and it's all changed since then. I was outside on a raft of about 8 boats- had to move away to let one of the inner boats out, did a hard astern, and propellor fell off.
    Ended up jammed between two other boats much more expensive than mine and got towed back to the quay by a good Samaritan who took pity on my predicament.
    Had to get towed down to the expensive marina and was stuck there for about three weeks before I could get everything sorted out.

Cost me several arms and several legs, and the only reason I was there was to try and impress a potential girlfriend which was, for obvious reasons, a complete and utter failure.
    David. Somewhere, Over the rainbow. . 1997 XK8 Convertible (+Volvo XC90 & Peugeot 207)
    Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by wild-west-david View Post
    Not good memories of Poole ............... long story short and a very long time ago when I was a keen sailor. Boats used to raft up against the town quay - we're talking 1970's and it's all changed since then. I was outside on a raft of about 8 boats- had to move away to let one of the inner boats out, did a hard astern, and propellor fell off.
    Ended up jammed between two other boats much more expensive than mine and got towed back to the quay by a good Samaritan who took pity on my predicament.
    Had to get towed down to the expensive marina and was stuck there for about three weeks before I could get everything sorted out.

Cost me several arms and several legs, and the only reason I was there was to try and impress a potential girlfriend which was, for obvious reasons, a complete and utter failure.
    aye life is funny at times when you think back

First name
    Elton

Oh dear ... bet the propeller wasn't cheap either ... even in the 70's

And no leg over to compensate either
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________________________
    2013 Jaguar XF 2.2 PL in Polaris White with Grey Interior

First name
    David
    Ed has probably been reading this :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...sea-views.html

However, it's in the Daily Mail, so probably not true.
    David. Somewhere, Over the rainbow. . 1997 XK8 Convertible (+Volvo XC90 & Peugeot 207)

aye that's ed oot with the boiler suit and balaclava on

acchh time for a drink

First name
    David
    And no leg over to compensate either

By the time I had got sorted out and apologise and/or thanked the various people who had rescued me, she was already on the M3 half-way back to London.
    Probably wouldn't have worked out but a bit deflating at the time.

Funny isn't it .......... the memory of all that prompted me to do a quick search on the company I used to use for all my marine bits, and where I got the replacement propeller. They are still there :

http://www.tnorrismarine.co.uk/

I suspect it's not as ramshackle as it was then, and you probably can't rummage around in the cobwebs for a 1" bronze hose fitting, but it's great to see that they have survived and are still going strong.

ive never had the notion for a boat

First name
    David
    As somebody once said, owning a boat is like standing in the shower tearing up £20 notes. True.

Still got mine but she hasn't been in the water for some time. Had lots of fun over many years, but she needs time and money to get her seaworthy again, and, for various reasons, I don't really have enough of either at the moment.

First name
    Elton
    I'd love a boat ... but it would have to be on a par with a luxury yacht ... with heli-pad and a few extra bits
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________________________
    2013 Jaguar XF 2.2 PL in Polaris White with Grey Interior

As somebody once said, owning a boat is like standing in the shower tearing up £20 notes. True.

Still got mine but she hasn't been in the water for some time. Had lots of fun over many years, but she needs time and money to get her seaworthy again, and, for various reasons, I don't really have enough of either at the moment.
    hahaha like it

Quote Originally Posted by MoabUtah View Post
    I'd love a boat ... but it would have to be on a par with a luxury yacht ... with heli-pad and a few extra bits
    hope you have a ticket on for tonite its about £8om

I would like a farm true, I would have chickens and geese and certain variteys of cattle and sheep and start my own creamery making cheese and ice cream

First name
    David
    Elton - you would get bored. Big yachts and expensive helicopters all need lots of people to keep them serviced and in good condition. the same is almost certainly true of all the attractive women who would flock to your side one they heard about your good fortune.
    No disrespect mate, but could you really cope with all that ??

Elton - you would get bored. Big yachts and expensive helicopters all need lots of people to keep them serviced and in good condition. the same is almost certainly true of all the attractive women who would flock to your side one they heard about your good fortune.
    No disrespect mate, but could you really cope with all that ??
    haha he would die trying

I would buy a farm doon south better temps ect and get some one to run it all, I would stoat about in old overalls and drive an old landie sers 1 or 2

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.