The Christmas thread 2016...
Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

The Christmas thread 2016...

What are your plans this year for Christmas? It's our first one with the bairn so we're having a quiet morning/lunch at home this year. Going over to my grandfather's for the afternoon present opening stint!

Bit of pre Christmas prep this afternoon by making the Jamie Oliver chicken wing gravy ready for the freezer! I love a bit of gravy but it's a right faff right when you're at your busiest!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JagInfo.org
    Advertisements

First name
    David
    25th at home with my wife & daughter, pressies, first Christmas dinner. 26th/27th at my sister's to see BIL, nieces, my Mum, more pressies and second Christmas dinner. Back home, in-laws visit, pressies (and prob 3rd Christmas dinner) then on the 31st off for a week in Lanzarote.

We've got a full house. Her daughter and kids are moving into the area, and should have been in new pad already. Sellers decided to change plans, after daughter sold her house. So they with us to at least Jan.

So at least we'll have, at the moment and the 25th, a bunch of excitables, and of course the kids 9 of us all in all.

Think the plan is to just stay in and enjoy the expressions on all the kids faces. No doubt we'll all eat far too much, HRH speech, and for the adults - copious amounts of beer, wine, port, whisky and whiskey
    2010MY XF-S Portfolio, Ultimate Black, Aero Pack, Dynamic Pack, Reverse Cam, B+W 440, TPMS and Volans

First name
    Colin
    Dec 25th, morning visit family - Sister & Brother in Laws (x4), nephews & nieces plus their children (x2 + 3) then home for Christmas dinner, afternoon telly and a quite evening. Much the same for the week, then Family wedding in Marlow on New Years Eve
    Current: 2012MY 3.0D PL Crystal Blue, Warm Charcoal/Dove Interior, Sports Pedals, D3GGY Footrest, LED Interior Lights, Rear Privacy Blinds,18" Vela Alloys, EBC Yellow Stuff
    Former: 2008 2.7D PL Pearl Grey. Ivory/Oyster Interior

First name
    Mark
    Christmas just me missus and stepdaughter as stepson spending first Christmas in own place with his fiancée.
    Christmas Eve spent cooking hams and all cold snacks and preparing turkey for cooking Christmas Day.
    The day itself up at 7 am to put Turkey in oven, bread on to bake and prepare vegetables and accompiments.
    Start nibbling and blow out lunchtime food and drink.. Aftenooon watch some 4K movies on the new 4K blu ray player arriving today to finish the AV setup.
    Current car MY2014 XK-R with speedpack and loads of options charcoal interior and active exhaust.

Bottle of Bolly maybe even Dom P for Christmas morning, then me cooking a full on traditional Christmas lunch for wife and mum in law.

Afternoon will be spent opening pressies from under the tree.

Very traditional, our house.

PS - Kelly Bronze traditional turkeys cook really quickly, no need to get up early to turn the oven on. They also taste bl**dy marvellous!
    XF replaced by a big tractor due to intransigence of Jaguar marketing. When I wanted to order, a V6 engine and a Portfolio interior was mutually exclusive if you lived in the UK, but not elsewhere.

Old lives matter!

First name
    John
    Champagne! Yuk! Devil's pee with bubbles.

Sent from my Nexus 10 and a Black XF-S 😎
    XF-S Portfolio in BLACK

First name
    Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by wilf View Post
    Bottle of Bolly maybe even Dom P for Christmas morning, then me cooking a full on traditional Christmas lunch for wife and mum in law.

Afternoon will be spent opening pressies from under the tree.

Very traditional, our house.

PS - Kelly Bronze traditional turkeys cook really quickly, no need to get up early to turn the oven on. They also taste bl**dy marvellous!
    I know but a 10kg bird still takes a while to cook. Always a bronze and free range from a local butcher.
    Current car MY2014 XK-R with speedpack and loads of options charcoal interior and active exhaust.

First name
    Colin
    Quote Originally Posted by OBC John View Post
    Champagne! Yuk! Devil's pee with bubbles.

Sent from my Nexus 10 and a Black XF-S
    Pheasant! I much prefer a bottle or two rather than the sparkling wine with added sugar (asti) SWMBO enjoys
    Current: 2012MY 3.0D PL Crystal Blue, Warm Charcoal/Dove Interior, Sports Pedals, D3GGY Footrest, LED Interior Lights, Rear Privacy Blinds,18" Vela Alloys, EBC Yellow Stuff

First name
    John
    Quote Originally Posted by Bethpage View Post
    Pheasant! I much prefer a bottle or two rather than the sparkling wine with added sugar (asti) SWMBO enjoys
    I've never liked the stuff. I believe it to be the longest-running practical joke in history, perpetrated by the French. 'Cus they don't drink much of it!! 😰

Sent from my Nexus 10 and a Black XF-S 😎
    XF-S Portfolio in BLACK

First name
    Conor
    Every year I go to an old folks home and help out. I provide entertainment in the form of dancing and singing. I then help prepare and service dinner. Then I help the grannies to pack dishwasher followed by a game of twister . A couple of sherries and I lose all recollection .
    Last edited by googsy1; 18th December 2016 at 20:17.
    Jaguar XJ 3.0 Portfolio

Indigo blue with London Tan illuminated sills and boot finisher.

First name
    Colin
    Quote Originally Posted by googsy1 View Post
    Ever year I go to an old folks home and help out.....
    Strange you should mention that, last Sunday I was doing my community service with those less privileged, helping to provide a Christmas lunch & a carol service

First name
    Colin
    Quote Originally Posted by OBC John View Post
    I've never liked the stuff. I believe it to be the longest-running practical joke in history, perpetrated by the French. 'Cus they don't drink much of it!!

Sent from my Nexus 10 and a Black XF-S
    Cava or Asti then?

Ever year I go to an old folks home and help out. I provide entertainment in the form of dancing and singing. I then help prepare and service dinner. Then I help the grannies to pack dishwasher followed by a game of twister . A couple of sherries and I lose all recollection .
    surely a recipe for disaster ? Lol
    Aurora Red MY2017 R-Sport 180

Wattisham during the week, Tidworth at weekends
    First name
    James
    Ever year I go to an old folks home and help out. I provide entertainment in the form of dancing and singing. I then help prepare and service dinner. Then I help the grannies to pack dishwasher followed by a game of twister . A couple of sherries and I lose all recollection .
    I do the same, but my mum and dad hate me calling their house the old folks home. The dancing and singing comes after the sherries.

Game of twister... with the old folks? That would be fun(ny) to watch

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

First name
    Geoff
    I'm going to son Mikey's house nearby to a table for 10, his wife Lesley's Dad used to own a pub so she's well versed with cooking and catering. There'll be their son 14 and daughter 16, my daughter Sarah with hubby and daughter 12. Also Lesley's sister and hubby plus me = 10.

Other days I'm going to do some walking if the weather suits, otherwise it's me, my Siamese cat Alfie and the telly although some other invites might materialise by then.
    BMW X1 xDrive '190' 2.0D Sport. Departed after nearly 5 years, 2012 MY Jaguar XF 'S' Portfolio, Rhodium Silver, Warm Charcoal, Piano Black trim, 20" Hydra Wheels. Previously '08 2.7 Ultimate Black PL for 4 years and 3x XJ's for 4 years each before that.

Very Active Member
    First name
    Ian
    Son coming home from uni tonight. Parents and brother coming up on Friday. On the big day : plenty of food. Some drink. Some more drink. Wife and I will probably go out for a walk in the afternoon while everybody else sleeps in front of the telly. Never a dull moment with us!
    XF-S Face lift Lunar Grey charcoal interior

I'm not really that bothered about presents as such. My favorite part is sitting down to a meal with my family, pulling a few crackers and stuffing the bird.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil1 View Post
    I'm not really that bothered about presents as such. My favorite part is sitting down to a meal with my family, pulling a few crackers and stuffing the bird.

I could, but I won't. Enjoy!
    2010MY XF-S Portfolio, Ultimate Black, Aero Pack, Dynamic Pack, Reverse Cam, B+W 440, TPMS and Volans

Founder member
    First name
    Dave
    Having both my parents and the outlaws round for a few days over Christmas, should be fun...........

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.