Warranty issues re. Fuel tank slap - Page 3
Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Founder member
    First name
    Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrek View Post
    Things come loose in TVRs
    Never a truer word

2. Remove Advertisements
    JagInfo.org
    Advertisements

Rampant Member
    First name
    Ben
    I'm curious... did the tank slap affect the petrol cars as well? Never seem to hear of them needing to be fixed.

Founder member
    First name
    Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by bensales View Post
    I'm curious... did the tank slap affect the petrol cars as well? Never seem to hear of them needing to be fixed.
    No, petrol is not so dense

5. Remove Advertisements
    JagInfo.org
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Nickers View Post
    Thanks guys still waiting to hear from the dealer but at least I know what to look for.

How long does this process take?
    Only a few hours. Paid for by CRC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First name
    Dave
    I hadn't noticed the tank slap until I was in the car with no engine running, on the back of a moving recovery truck a couple of weeks ago. I don't hear it ordinarily.

Incidentally, I found that it's impossible to steer round corners from that position!
    MY2013 XFS Sportbrake PL in Lunar Grey/Ivory, parking pack, towbar

Quote Originally Posted by Des View Post
    I hadn't noticed the tank slap until I was in the car with no engine running, on the back of a moving recovery truck a couple of weeks ago. I don't hear it ordinarily.

Incidentally, I found that it's impossible to steer round corners from that position!
    Why were you still in the car and not in the truck lol?

First name
    Dave
    Only 3 seats in the truck: one for the driver and two for the ladies. My pal John and I were high, wide and handsome in the car. I was wide, John was handsome and we were both high (no, not in an illegal substance way).
    MY2013 XFS Sportbrake PL in Lunar Grey/Ivory, parking pack, towbar

Lol

Mine is going in on the 24th at Lancaster MK Jaguar for warranty work in regards to tank slap.
    62 Jaguar XF 3.0d S Premium Luxury Saloon. Ultimate Black 20" Hydra's • Heated/Cooled Charcoal Memory Seats • Reverse Cam • Autofolding Mirrors • Heated Screen • Meridian Sound System • 275bhp • XFR Quad Exhausts • XFR Diffuser • Illuminated Treadplates

First name
    Rick
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobstar View Post
    Mine is going in on the 24th at Lancaster MK Jaguar for warranty work in regards to tank slap.
    That'll be in their new premises (?)

'sent from my awesome Bluefire XE'
    PR2 - Bluefire XE R-Sport 240: Panoramic sunroof, Meridian audio, Keyless entry, rear electric sunblind..........
    Previously in a 2.2 Sport LE, Kyanite Blue 'Pocket Rocket' XF facelift

First name
    Andy
    Don't think it's open yet

Sent from my Samsung S7 edge
    2013 XF S Portfolio in Indigo Blue, warm charcoal interior, piano black veneer, Hydra wheels now changed to Volans, DAB, parking pack and BSM.

First name
    Rick
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Don't think it's open yet

Relocates 17th according to my email.........

'sent from my awesome Bluefire XE'
    PR2 - Bluefire XE R-Sport 240: Panoramic sunroof, Meridian audio, Keyless entry, rear electric sunblind..........
    Previously in a 2.2 Sport LE, Kyanite Blue 'Pocket Rocket' XF facelift

First name
    Andy
    OK, I go past it everyday, lights were on but no one at home last week. Will try to have another look tomorrow.

2013 XF S Portfolio in Indigo Blue, warm charcoal interior, piano black veneer, Hydra wheels now changed to Volans, DAB, parking pack and BSM.

Yep mine is in their new premises. It looks impressive, big and plenty of space for customers to chill out and get refreshments. Drive in service bays as well. Its all very nice customer service but as long as they look after my car I don't mind. I have a base XF 2.0d prestige loan car... cannot wait to get my beasty back!
    62 Jaguar XF 3.0d S Premium Luxury Saloon. Ultimate Black 20" Hydra's • Heated/Cooled Charcoal Memory Seats • Reverse Cam • Autofolding Mirrors • Heated Screen • Meridian Sound System • 275bhp • XFR Quad Exhausts • XFR Diffuser • Illuminated Treadplates

First name
    Andy
    I saw over the last week or so that the cars were arriving and the LR side of things also moved to as the old showroom at NP now empty.

Thats it, the service advisor as LR in NP has moved over to MK too, she used to be at Luton Jag before. Used to take my old XType there back in the day. Might see you around if you're local Scooby.

First name
    Andy
    Yes you might, although I have yet another problem with my car in that out now says battery is not charging

First name
    Jim
    With that warning, check the voltage at the battery with the engine running. Usually a sign that the alternator is goosed.
    2009 XK 5.0L Portfolio ​Past:-87'XJS 3.6L, 93'XJ40 3.2L gold, 95'XJ6 4.0L sport, 00'XJ8 3.2L sport, 2005 XK8 4.2L coupe in that order and enjoyed all of 'em.

First name
    Andy
    I have a Scangauge 2 permanently plugged into the OBD port. Was on charge overnight and will be again tonight. Will check voltage out.

You know how I was saying the customer service is impressive and the new Jag showroom looks great - well these guys had my car for 6 hours, confirmed what I said was the issue on mine, and said we dont have the parts, it will be mid Feb before we can book you in again. I booked it in ages ago, explained the symptoms and they didnt order a part in just in case? I dont mine taking it back in and its not a massive irritation but its bit of a ball ache having to go back again.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.