Jaguar Forum banner

XFR New Owner

12K views 58 replies 24 participants last post by  idrobbo 
#1 ·
So, picked up my 2010 XFR limited edition and must say I love the car.

Coincidentally my insurance runs out on the 29th May and given the level of business I've given current insurers they have allowed me to switch to the XFR free of charge, although they did point out that although my previous car had same power that annual premium would increase as they "are not too keen on same power if RWD only".

Renewal arrived on Friday and £580 which is a big jump.

Tried a few comparision sites and immediately can get better terms, then tried Direct Line and they are offering a fantastic deal at £289.

Will probably go with this, however does anyone have anyone they deal with/or dealt with which they'd recommend?

Tried Jaguar and they were awful with £980 and contcated Chris Knott but no return call as yet.

BTW I'm 44 year old and 9+ years NCB.

Thanks for any input, and I plan to have paid and sorted by Thursday latest.

See less See more
#2 ·
Good to hear you are enjoying the car. Sounds like direct line are the best if it's like for like.

#10 ·
Yeah car is a lovely change, and the colour will be fab when I get about it in the summer and start making some slight changes.

No call back from Chris Knott? That's not uncommon for our members it seems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No idea why companies ask you to complete online quote form - they may still call but in today's market when most provide quote instantly having to wait gives you little confidence on how quickly other aspects would be dealt with.

£289 for an XF-R??? My God! Where am I going wrong?
Mine comes up for renewal next week so I did some shopping around. Best I could get was from Churchill - £450. That is the all-singing, all-dancing, comprehensive with legal and like-for-like loan car while mine being repaired. Oh, and a £650 excess. And apparently, I live in a very low risk area.
Maybe the £289 is 3rd party, fire & theft?
Come on John, my 3rd Party days are in the past when I had to insure my Renault 5 GT Turbo aged 18 for £1,450 3rd Party lol. The Direct Line is with £250 excess so looks like they will be the company for me unless something comes in from leftfield.

£20 quidco on direct line car insurance at the mo, making it net £269. Cashback can take quite a few months from direct line.
Do I need to apply for anything for this or automatic?

All depends on location and many other factors, my XFR was £281 fully comp inc class A business use and that was when brand new less than 3 years ago (44 with full NCB)
Almost same as me Ancill with no negative driving history despite owning some high powered cars and motorbikes - I'm a good boy :)

Or they could be buying in business in the hope you stick around when they start pumping it up. Pretty common with insurance companies.

Not surprised with CKI. I have zero confidence in that sort of company that advertises muchly on forums in the hope of grabbing 2% of the audience.

Glad you're happy with the XFR footiecoach. Long may it continue!
Thanks mate, yeah bizarre a company does the hard thing to get New Business interest then doesn't act quick enough.

#4 ·
£289 for an XF-R??? My God! Where am I going wrong?
Mine comes up for renewal next week so I did some shopping around. Best I could get was from Churchill - £450. That is the all-singing, all-dancing, comprehensive with legal and like-for-like loan car while mine being repaired. Oh, and a £650 excess. And apparently, I live in a very low risk area.
Maybe the £289 is 3rd party, fire & theft?

#6 ·
All depends on location and many other factors, my XFR was £281 fully comp inc class A business use and that was when brand new less than 3 years ago (44 with full NCB)

#8 ·
Or they could be buying in business in the hope you stick around when they start pumping it up. Pretty common with insurance companies.

Not surprised with CKI. I have zero confidence in that sort of company that advertises muchly on forums in the hope of grabbing 2% of the audience.

Glad you're happy with the XFR footiecoach. Long may it continue!

#14 ·
My insurance is with Sainsbury's Premium. UK call centre and friendly helpful on the phone. My renewal was £450 (with legal costs insurance and business cover). The premium was loaded due to the Speed Pack extras. They treat the exhaust and body modifications etc. as a higher potential repair cost.

#15 ·
Loaded because of the speedpack? they are taking the mick, its only a bigger spoiler and a couple of splitters........my insurance wasn't loaded for the speedpack, try shopping around a bit more and avoid the crooks :)

#17 ·
I agree, however, the cheapest is not always the best and unfortunately it takes a claim to show how good they are, but there is plenty of information online to ensure you make an informed decision xx

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

#19 ·
The lowest price wasn't the deciding factor, but the cover, UK call centre and policy details. I declared the Speedpack as it was an expensive option and I didn't want them reject any possible repairs. Overall the price was not too much more than my old pre-facelift XFR.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

#23 ·
I have had lots of dealings with Hastings direct. One was about my windscreen which is ongoing but of no fault to them, even after two years they are still involved and helping me with the issues that remain. My stepdaughter insured with them aswell and 6 weeks ago bought a vw scirocco and arranged for the dealer to do the transfer of private plate. Yesterday found out that they had not done this. So today had to amend the insurance details only to revert back in about 7 days. Normally there is an admin fee to pay both times but they told me they would give me 6 weeks grace and no cost. So on two separate policies I feel as though they have excelled themselves. Only my opinion of course.

#24 ·
So quick update, took my insurance with Direct line who provided excellent quote and a few of my friends have good experiences with them.

As a note, Chris Knott who I left all my details with and completed their online form for callback as per my original post to this date has still NOT phoned as advised they would................this is 5 days later (need to remind all my friends to avoid them as thats terrible service) !!!!!!

#25 ·
Completely agree and that's when your offering them new business, if your unlucky and need to claim, God help you!

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

#27 ·
I've just renewed with CK. Their price was around £400 cheaper than elsewhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#28 ·
I've just renewed with CK. Their price was around £400 cheaper than elsewhere.
Maybe it's just me then :confused:

They wanted almost 4x more for the XFR, and then this year they wanted £80 (30%) more than comparison site prices for my Z4M and wouldn't budge. There doesn't seem to have been any big changes with any other insurer, so I'm not sure why they've gone off me :p

#33 ·
You old boys and your cheap insurance [emoji23]

#35 ·
Good experience with direct line here when I nearly wrote my MG ZT off a few years ago. Easy to deal with and no major problems. The repair company wasn't the best but they're separate to direct line themselves.

#39 ·
Chris, have you any experience of their claims process yet?

I'm due again in August. My current insurer doesn't like modifications so I'll be looking around.

#40 ·
Yes from my accident in January. CKI want you to use a third party claims management company but I opted to deal with my insurance company directly.

#42 ·
Just going through this at the moment , previous car was with Adrian Flux , had to be as it was so modified with agreed value but the renewal came through at £670 which was a shocker, shopping around seems to go to £450 or so with sensible companies rather than the bargain basements like Admiral or Elephant which are around £305 , can add it to my daily on a multicar policy at Aviva for £400 , so will give it some thought

#50 ·
That won't be a problem for you then. Some new jags will cost less than £40 000 - but an XFR certainly won't be.

#51 ·
Im with Admiral for my 2010 XFR.

29 7 NCB for £490

However Ive a multi car policy with my other half's car on it also.

However they are great with modifications, will literally take anything bar a jet pack ;)

#57 ·
That's interesting, I enquired about having mine remapped and they said they wouldn't cover it. Will have to ask again.

#54 ·
Usually trackers are value related, my current insurer insist on one if the car has a value above £70k

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.