Jaguar Forum banner

New Jaguar 'Breakfest' Meet

47K views 345 replies 49 participants last post by  idrobbo 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

This is a general message I will be sending to various Jaguar Forums/clubs etc, regarding a new initiative that I have begun - you are the first to hear about it :D

The Jaguar ‘Breakfest’ is a new monthly breakfast meet open to all Jaguar owners and enthusiasts regardless of affiliation to a club, forum or group. We meet on the first Saturday of each month (commencing 2nd April 2016) at the prestigious location of the British Motor Museum, Gaydon, Warwickshire, home to the impressive new Collections Centre displaying the Jaguar Heritage Trust’s iconic collection of vehicles :cool:

This is a free, friendly and informal gathering, so just turn up anytime from 09.30 (when the café opens) and stay as long as you wish. There is no obligation to visit the museum, although discounted tickets are available (£9 for the day or £14 (gift aid) to receive unlimited access to the museum for 12 months and ideal for those who plan to come regularly).

Privileged parking for Jaguars is reserved directly outside the Collections Centre and, thanks to active support and involvement from the British Motor Museum, the meet will be regularly enhanced by exclusive tours, special displays and celebrity guests in addition to the spectacle of our own extensive range of Jaguar cars from classic to modern. All models are welcome :D
The Jaguar Enthusiasts’ Club have kindly provided the resources to administer and publicise the events.

This will be the largest regular gathering of the wider Jaguar community and undoubtedly a very popular monthly event, but there is plenty of space and all are welcome. There is no requirement to pre-book but to help us prepare for the first meeting and gauge numbers to assist with parking and catering, please reply to this thread if you are interested in coming along (without commitment).
If you plan to attend as a club or group please let us know in advance so we may endeavour to park you together. Thank you!

Peter

See less See more
#2 ·
Sounds brilliant. I haven't been to Gaydon for a while now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
This does sound like a great idea. I wish you every success with the proposals. I will be along to one of the meets just as soon as I can.

#8 ·
I shall have to attend, never been to the museum.

dont know yet if it will be the first or a later one.

#10 ·
Great idea Rare, hope it's a great success for you.

Can't help it..... the devil in me wonders if anyone from a closed doors forum will turn up?

#15 ·
Allan, looks like Duxford and this event are the same day in May. The first Saturday being 1st May.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#22 ·
No need to be sorry Chris. It wasn't a mistake, and as I've said before - I'm not going to pass up the chance to take the wee a bit ;)

It would be good to make it to both meets. Only problem is, at the moment I'm figuring a 33% chance of making it. If I'm not working, then I won't be able to afford the ferries, fuel and accomodation. If I am working, then the chances are, as we come into summer and the better weather, I'll be offshore! :eek:

#23 ·
The event will take place every month unless it clashes with any other major Gaydon event. Fortunately this year it doesn't so hopefully we can inscribe it in stone in the Gaydon calendar :D

Local members can obviously come as often as they wish but if you want to come enmasse as a forum event one month that's great and we'll arrange a specific jaginfo parking area (possibly even to include tractors ;))

#38 ·
I went along to Gaydon today to see the changes to the museum and view the new Jaguar Heritage collection. I also fancied a bacon sandwich ;)

There are many changes to the museum, a more spacious feel and exhibits grouped into themed areas

The Jaguar Heritage collection of about 100 cars is on the ground floor of the new Collections Centre. This is just part of it and the floor isn't finished yet!

Delving into the collection reveals some interesting exhibits, such as the 'fastest' Jaguar, this 2008 XKR hit 225mph on the salt flats...

Upstairs are 150 vehicles from the museum overspill - there's a few more yet to arrive!

And of course I told you Jaguars got privileged parking ;)

#41 ·
I have decided to enter the 21st century and set up a dedicated facebook page for these meets under the name of the Jaguar Breakfast Club. I will, of course, keep you updated here on the forum but if anyone 'does' facebook you would be welcome to join up and keep me on track as I haven't got a clue with technology ;)

For example I keep forgetting I'm not supposed to press 'enter' until I'm ready to post so have a right fiddle beginning a new line :confused:

Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1698774543670302/1698908710323552/?notif_t=group_activity

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.