Splash Guards! - Page 3
Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Splash Guards!

Quote Originally Posted by Ancill View Post
    Noooooooooooo, shouldn't be allowed!
    Don't worry I didn't do it, splash guards are for 4x4s and rally cars
    MY10 XFS Portfolio in Magnolia

2. Remove Advertisements
    JagInfo.org
    Advertisements

First name
    Darryl
    Here are before and after pics...the splashguards are hardly noticeable
    pre-splashguard.jpg
    post-splasguard.jpg

Founder member
    First name
    Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by BLZB0B View Post
    Sturgess have these on eBay for £59 each set with free delivery. Wonder if they can do an even better price for forum members? (if you don't ask.........)
    Sturgess offer a 10% discount to forum members

5. Remove Advertisements
    JagInfo.org
    Advertisements

First name
    Phil
    Sturgess offer a 10% discount to forum members
    ooooOOOOOOOOOooooo I can see my credit card is going to get a bashing in the next few months
    MY15 XF R-Sport 2.2 200PS in Stratus + rear camera pack

ooooOOOOOOOOOooooo I can see my credit card is going to get a bashing in the next few months
    Man Maths - been getting cars modded for years

Founder member
    First name
    Dave
    Is that the special one that wifey knows nothing about

First name
    Mark
    Is that the special one that wifey knows nothing about
    I'd get strangled.
    Discovery Sport HSE Lux, Corris Grey with adaptive headlights, camera pack, incontrol remote, all terrain progress control, reduced spare wheel.

First name
    Martyn
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfen View Post
    Thank you R17,
    I bought some splashguards off of EBay. They came from China (in a package with a customs label saying it was $2.00 worth of clothing). They have "JAGUAR" stamped on them ( also stamped "Made in England"). There were no instructions and I couldn't figure out what the clips were for. It was a pain installing the front splashguards as the supplied screws had trouble getting into the supplied clips. Eventually I got them all installed, but only because of the pictures and guide that you had posted.
    I got mine from EBay and although they came with screws and clips the screws are rubbish and not strong enough to fit the spire clips! Even so they are easy to fit and a bargain at $62Au. I was concerned they might not fit as the listing shows they are for 2011-2014 but they fit great.

Subtle but so much neater than none.

2016 Jaguar XE 2.0D 180/430 R Sport, Polaris White with loads of options!

First name
    Jon
    Quote Originally Posted by R17 View Post
    I paid £145.99 for both sets...
    I just bought a set from China through eBay, complete with embossed Jaguar logo/text for the princely sum of AUD60, so about 35 Squids.
    That's for all four with mounting hardware. Bargain.
    Just when I think I'm over my insomnia the car behind me honks.

First name
    Kim
    Same here, bought Chinese knock-offs from eBay for around AU$60 about eight months ago.
    They have "Jacuar" text on them, that's right, Jacuar with a "c" not a "g", the fit is 95% right not quite perfect, and I had to drill an extra mounting hole in each front wheel well lining to improve the fit, but otherwise they went on easy enough, they look the piece, and they do what it says on the tin.
    2014 F-Type S coupe in Lunar Grey with Red Zone interior and almost all the options.
    The dearly departed - 2010 XFS and 2010 XFR.

Quote Originally Posted by OzXFS View Post
    Same here, bought Chinese knock-offs from eBay for around AU$60 about eight months ago.
    They have "Jacuar" text on them, that's right, Jacuar with a "c" not a "g", the fit is 95% right not quite perfect, and I had to drill an extra mounting hole in each front wheel well lining to improve the fit, but otherwise they went on easy enough, they look the piece, and they do what it says on the tin.
    At the end of the day they just get showered with crap so if you can get cheap knock off ones then perfect

Not that I like them, I think they look awful on anything but a 4x4 or a rally car, really spoil the lines of the XF imo

First name
    Chris
    You really need to see them in the flesh. Photos don't do them justice, I don't notice mine really and I'd rather have them than paint the sills and rear bumper every few months.
    MY15 XFR-S Sportbrake Ultra Blue 5.0 V8 Supercharged
    Previous; MY15 XF R-Sport Sportbrake 3.0 IRR / MY13.5 XF Sport Sportbrake 2.2 Polaris White

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisSB View Post
    You really need to see them in the flesh. Photos don't do them justice, I don't notice mine really and I'd rather have them than paint the sills and rear bumper every few months.
    I have seen them in the flesh and don't like them, not exactly a sporty look imo

First name
    Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by Spursmaddave View Post
    I have seen them in the flesh and don't like them, not exactly a sporty look imo
    I think they add to the car and give the area behind the wheel a finished look. They also protect the paintwork.
    Discovery Sport HSE Lux, Corris Grey with adaptive headlights, camera pack, incontrol remote, all terrain progress control, reduced spare wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by D3GGY View Post
    I think they add to the car and give the area behind the wheel a finished look. They also protect the paintwork.
    As long as your happy, never had mudguards on any of my cars, totally spoil the lines of the bodywork

Quote Originally Posted by D3GGY View Post
    Agree!
    MY10.5 XF 3.0D S Premium Luxury in Liquid Silver with added LED DRLs and Spires quad exhaust

Good that there are different opinions, I undertand they do a job but very much function over style in my book

Founder member
    First name
    Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisSB View Post
    I had them on my first XF, never bothered with the next 2 XF's, just didn't do it for me, but each to their own

First name
    Gordon
    Not sure I'd bother but I fitted them to both XFs because I live up a farm track and didn't want the paintwork peppered. I think the Jaguar ones look fine, very discreet and also help keep the car cleaner, but I know not to everyone's taste.
    2013 XFR IRR with Ivory, Parking Camera, Voice, Adaptive Lights, TPMS
    Previous Botanic Green SV8
    http://www.virginmoneygiving.com/team/jaginfo

Yup, had what I refuse to call anything other than "mudflaps" on both of my XFs. I prefer the look of the car with them.
    XF replaced by a big tractor due to intransigence of Jaguar marketing. When I wanted to order, a V6 engine and a Portfolio interior was mutually exclusive if you lived in the UK, but not elsewhere.

Old lives matter!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.