Preparing for another one mod - NAV with HDD - Page 2
Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    First name
    Michael
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    So it's a Western Digital it seems. What's the physical interface? SATA?

Please replace with an SSD and see if the performance improves. If it does then that's a mod I'd be interested in.
    It has old good IDE interface as were used in laptops 10 years ago, I have simmilar interface in IBM THINKPAD T30.

I'm afraid the replacement to SSD is mission impossible, 'cause I understood this is system created by Denso and called DENSO Gen6, the same system used in VOLVO, called RTI system with HDD AND IN lexus and Toyota.
    Nobody can't to replace HDD to SSD, the system doesn't recognise the SSD discs
    13MY 2.0GTDi/Vapour Grey/Winter Pack/Mods: Illuminated footrest VAGhooks, ADM/Powerfold, Sunblind AHB Meridian 825W NAV w Jag Voice Euro 2 Tune XFR front seats

2. Remove Advertisements
    JagInfo.org
    Advertisements

First name
    Michael
    In other Denso GEN6 system in Toyota/Lexus uses 60GB HDD, here is the 80GB, as for me the same HDD also installed in new Navi VOLVO Sensus System. For VOLVO the new maps are free of charge for download from accessories.volvo.com, the main problem to find key generator for pass key.

Hope during weekend find connector to connect HDD to PC and try to explore from what data consist HDD.

In LEXUS/TOYOTA the data on HDD are under pass, as I'm understood there is the program and pass for making this HDD open for PC
    13MY 2.0GTDi/Vapour Grey/Winter Pack/Mods: Illuminated footrest VAGhooks, ADM/Powerfold, Sunblind AHB Meridian 825W NAV w Jag Voice Euro 2 Tune XFR front seats

First name
    Chris
    That's a Hitachi drive isn't it? Their "Deathstar" disks were terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MY15 XF R-Sport Sportbrake 3.0 IRR / Black Pack / Winter / Parking / Mirror / Keyless Entry / Adaptive Dynamics / Dark Dracos Mods - Carbon Veneer / Carbon Mirrors / XFR-S Carbon Diffuser / Spires Quad Exhausts / Customised Steering Wheel

5. Remove Advertisements
    JagInfo.org
    Advertisements

First name
    Michael
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisSB View Post
    That's a Hitachi drive isn't it? Their "Deathstar" disks were terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    now its WD, model: HEJ421080G9AT00

First name
    Michael
    Today found some useful soft, but still looking for HX-IDE-K adapter, today try to connect using USB

First name
    Michael

First name
    Michael
    Unfortuanuly my old one Thinkpad T30 died, the PATA to USB connected to PC ends without luck to encrypt closed HDD, so decide to collect IAM unit and try to install to my car. All wires except GPS already connected, tommor make some disassembling of floor central panel for connect GPS wiring and check how DVD and Movie playing works, but Maps already works!!! The mods complite for 98%!!!! radio, bluetooth works! So just need to connect GPS Antenna and reprogram my VIN to IAM.
    So keep tuned!

First name
    Paul
    Good luck and keep us posted. Any news of your visit to the UK?
    XJLWB Polaris, black venoms,rear entertainment pack, front and rear heated and cooled and massage seats, heated steering wheel,illuminated tread plates and luggage liner and lots more.

First name
    Michael
    Quote Originally Posted by PDE View Post
    Good luck and keep us posted. Any news of your visit to the UK?
    Thanks mate, hope tomorrow or at Sunday post some photos, about visit, afraid to say something, have a lot of work now. Try to be ASAP.

First name
    Michael
    From today I got full working NAV, Jag Voice Control, tomorrow check how works DVD player and video player.
    In a few hours post some photos and how this DIY made mod made.

First name
    Michael
    So during last 2 days this mod completed, the main problem for me was disassemble the floor panel, a lot of time, about 1.5-2 hours was spent for this procedure, thinks God was the instruction from TOPIx, nothing wasn't broke or damaged

This how looks floor panel before take of my old IAM module:
    Click image for larger version.

This how wiring looks in IAM module w/o NAV:

next step was use DVD and NAV wiring from IAM to TS which were ordered before - blue one square and FAKRA 3rd from left one:

Before GPS antenna was plugged try to make first launch new system and saw last entered UK address (this IAM was found at eBay):
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 08292; 20th June 2015 at 19:07.

First name
    Michael
    today during 1 hour dismantled floor panel, found connector for connecting GPS wiring from NAV to already factory installed GPS wiring (previously GPS antenna was installed) and try to find GPS signal and its works!!!
    After all parts placed in their places connect SDD software and make the Jaguar Voice available
    The beginning of Jag voice learning:
    jag_voice_learning.jpg

check all DTC codes, all clear, here is the SW and HW info about IAM from Evoque:
    module_sw_sdd.jpg

So in this mod the heavier part was the dismantling of floor panel.

Total time about 8 hours for complete whole process

So job done, waiting for TV tuner and try to install it and check from what parts its consist
    Last edited by 08292; 20th June 2015 at 19:02.

First name
    Paul
    Do you do all the work on your own ?
    XJLWB Polaris, black venoms,rear entertainment pack, front and rear heated and cooled and massage seats, heated steering wheel,illuminated tread plates and luggage liner and lots more.

First name
    Michael
    Quote Originally Posted by PDE View Post
    Do you do all the work on your own ?
    Yes all work made on my own car myself

First name
    Michael
    This is the resulting record of IAM2.1 Level 3 Navigation with HDD including JaguarVoice.

This mod the result of the long study of wiring diagrams in TOPIx and selection of the necessary components for the installation using JEPC and Microcat software.

Lets start from wiring diagram for connecting IAM2.1 Level 3 Head Unit to TS (Touchscreen) and GPS antenna:

IAM2.1Level3_gps_wiring.jpg

As you can see the Head Unit IAM2.1 Level 3 connecting via 2pcs of 50Om wires to Touchscreen, the one for DVD playback another one for sending video signal from NAV to Touchscreen. Also there is on 50Om wiring for connecting IAM2.1 Level 3 to roof GPS antenna.

This how looks the back of IAM2.1 Level 3

IAM_evoque.jpg

A lot of time was spent for crossing parts from Jaguar to Land Rover. because in Jaguar a huge port of wiring selling only assembly, but during of investigation I found that present a lot of repairing wiring from Range Rover L405 model So using TOPIx and Microcat were found necessary components for installation, and here is they are:

- LR059750 Roof GPS Antenna, was ordered from Evoque with DAB connector) - the cheapest price for new ones in whole Jaguar/Land Rover lines

- LR047939 LVDS signal for sending NAV picture from IAM2.1 Level 3 Unit to Touchscreen (on photo with square connectors)
    - LR047982 GPS signal for sending data from GPS antenna to IAM2.1 Level 3(on photo with FAKRA connectors)
    LR047982_LR047939.jpg

- LR047944 CVBS signal for sending DVD picture from IAM2.1 Level 3 Unit to Touchscreen
    IMG_1750.jpg

Unfortunately one connector of LR047982 not the same as must be, so it was the reassembly using the repair housing from BMW, BMW part no:61136918329

the heaviest part of whole project as for me is reaching to connectors under central floor panel.Here is how looks:
    c3454.jpg
    for this mod use connector C23U - connecting LR047982

All other connectors just plugs on their colors

The last step is reprogram CCF file: activate NAV, DVD and Jaguar Voice.

Hope this post helps you in your future mods

If some one wants to make similar - you can use Head unit from XF/XJ/Range Rover Evoque/Range Rover Sport 2014MY/Disco4 from 2012MY/Range Rover 2013MY

P.S. Now learning how to make codes for USB update of HDD Navigation maps for IAM2.1 Level 3, so if its come out it will be the cheaper solution that on Here site:http://jaguar.navigation.com/home/en...HideCrumb=true

So it will be for all Jaguar models for IAM2.1 Level 3: XF250 from MY2012, XJ351 from 2010MY, F-Type
    Last edited by 08292; 21st June 2015 at 11:08.

First name
    John
    Quote Originally Posted by 08292 View Post
    Yes all work made on my own car myself
    Once again I'm in awe!
    2012 2.2d Portfolio in Caviar; full leather charcoal interior with ivory piping; reversing camera, overtaking thingy on the mirrors
    19" Caravela wheels, and D3GGY Mk2 FOOTREST, QUAD EXHAUST TIPS

First name
    Michael
    Quote Originally Posted by FIXIT View Post
    Once again I'm in awe!
    Thanks, hope info about this mode 'll be useful

First name
    Steve
    Unbelievable! Your ingenuity has no limits
    2013.5 XFR Ultimate Black : Vinyl Paint Protection* Ivory Leather with Carbon Pack* Black Pack* Parking Pack* Carbon Mirrors* Carbon Side Louvres* Draco Alloys* Heated Wheel* Specs Holder Mod* Shiny Jag Foot Pedals* Lite-Up Tread Plates* Front/Rear DashCam

First name
    Michael
    Today download POI for Garmin and installed to NAV System, the instruction HOWTO was taken from DISCO3.CO.UK Forum:

First name
    Michael
    Yesterday reprogram IAM2.1 Level 3 and now it knows that its the part of Jaguar XF, and phone which connecting via Bluetooth indicates Jaguar XF.

So this mod done!

Maybe in future try to update software part, çause can't install icons and sound for POI as on previous video from Disco.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.