Meridian Surround Sound System retrofit made - Page 2
Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rampant Member
    First name
    Marco
    Wow, another great upgrad!

You never stop

Just curious, do you have any idea of how much did you "increased the value" of your XF?
    MY12 2.2 PL, ebony - barley/trufle and owned an IRR XFR-S (MY15) for about 800kms

2. Remove Advertisements
    JagInfo.org
    Advertisements

First name
    Leigh
    This is great news. The options on a new car to upgrade the stereo are stupid money. If more people start being able to retro-fit it'll have to bring the price down. Most of the wiring is generally there as it's too expensive to create several different looms.
    2012 XFR - Stratus Grey

First name
    Nathan
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTurner View Post
    This is great news. The options on a new car to upgrade the stereo are stupid money. If more people start being able to retro-fit it'll have to bring the price down. Most of the wiring is generally there as it's too expensive to create several different looms.
    It is good news. It is just the reprogramming that is worrying, hopefully we get more experts around in that department.
    MY2011 XF Luxury 3.0d Cashmere Gold

First name
    Leigh
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
    It is good news. It is just the reprogramming that is worrying, hopefully we get more experts around in that department.
    I hope so. Aftermarket stereo's are falling out of fashion. Gone are the days of putting a nice Alpine HU in and upgrading the speakers. The manufacturers seem to be concentrating more on who they can put their badges on in the factory!

I also hope that car manufacturers allow for inlife software upgrades to the factory fit gear. For example to be able to buy an upgrade for a pre-facelift to get the newest software, or to get the next generation software. Doubt it though as it's another reason to change car.
    2012 XFR - Stratus Grey

First name
    Paul
    All I got from dealers was the old Perry Como Classic! It's imposible ( one for the old ones) think the audio upgrade may be only possible on facelift. Connections on amp are different but surely someone has upgraded. If you can change the front end of a classic to a facelift, the audio surely is possible.
    XJLWB Polaris, black venoms,rear entertainment pack, front and rear heated and cooled and massage seats, heated steering wheel,illuminated tread plates and luggage liner and lots more.

First name
    Michael
    Quote Originally Posted by MAPS View Post
    Wow, another great upgrad!

You never stop

Just curious, do you have any idea of how much did you "increased the value" of your XF?
    Who counts if serious, I wanted this Sound System from beginnings, but dealer told me its impossible change options which were already ordered, I like the color "Vapour Grey" and it was the last car to Ukraine with it
    13MY 2.0GTDi/Vapour Grey/Winter Pack/Mods: Illuminated footrest VAGhooks, ADM/Powerfold, Sunblind AHB Meridian 825W NAV w Jag Voice Euro 2 Tune XFR front seats

First name
    Michael
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTurner View Post
    I my case, in this mod there was made only one loom about 1m long for front surround speaker , all other wiring was from factory
    13MY 2.0GTDi/Vapour Grey/Winter Pack/Mods: Illuminated footrest VAGhooks, ADM/Powerfold, Sunblind AHB Meridian 825W NAV w Jag Voice Euro 2 Tune XFR front seats

First name
    Michael
    Quote Originally Posted by PDE View Post
    Pm sent thanks
    Sent 2 PM's, check please

First name
    Michael
    photo of installed front speaker:

IMG_6028.jpg

by the way - the loom for it was made in a few minutes, it was connected to connector C23-A:
    Снимок экрана 2015-03-20.png
    its locates on left side:
    Снимок экрана 2015-03-20.png
    for connecting front speaker must be use pin 12 and pin 13
    IMG_2097.jpg
    and stealthly packing the wiring

The main problem for me now is the grill is does not approach if speaker installed, so for temporary cut a few plastic on it

'll order the "Meridian" Center Speaker Grill

First name
    Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by 08292 View Post
    Sent 2 PM's, check please
    Pm sent and very imformative. Thanks
    XJLWB Polaris, black venoms,rear entertainment pack, front and rear heated and cooled and massage seats, heated steering wheel,illuminated tread plates and luggage liner and lots more.

First name
    Michael
    Quote Originally Posted by PDE View Post
    Pm sent and very imformative. Thanks
    You're welcome

First name
    Michael
    The beginnings of cutting
    IMG_2755.jpg

First name
    Michael
    While ordered Meridian Central Grill on the way to my doors, the temporary solution is...
    image.jpg

First name
    Andy
    Do you need to change the windscreen glass now that you have installed the front speaker or is this already acoustic glass as there is a difference but TBH I've never noticed it ??
    2015 Italian Racing Red XFS 3.0 Portfolio and some...

Don't think the "acoustic glass" has anything to do with the ICE, isn't it to stop external noises getting through? Never did quite "get" that, tbh.
    XF replaced by a big tractor due to intransigence of Jaguar marketing. A V6 engine and a Portfolio interior are now mutually exclusive if you live in the UK, but not elsewhere.

Old lives matter!

First name
    Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by 08292 View Post
    While ordered Meridian Central Grill on the way to my doors, the temporary solution is...
    image.jpg
    When are you doing a Sunday club?

First name
    Dave
    So the strategy is to reduce the loom, but add a huge amount of control modules, I was amazed at how many modules there are in just the drivers door!

First name
    Steve
    Do you need to learn Russian to use it?

First name
    Michael
    Quote Originally Posted by SEF View Post
    Do you need to change the windscreen glass now that you have installed the front speaker or is this already acoustic glass as there is a difference but TBH I've never noticed it ??
    Thats something new about screen the difference in windscreen with or without heater

First name
    Michael
    The supplier is no big sense to make a lot kinds of loom - in my case was found wiring for Japan/Asia navi O_o the main harness and connectors almost there, in some cases just need buy or make some loom

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.