Jaguar Forum banner

Meridian Surround Sound System retrofit made

48K views 157 replies 34 participants last post by  idrobbo 
#1 ·
Hi everyone!
Today there was made the upgrade from Jaguar Sound System to Meridian Surround Sound System :)
first of all there was made some changes in CCF file - the system thought that the MSSS was already installed, even was menu with "subwoofer".
Next step was installation of rear parcel shelf with surround speakers (the photo of parcel is shows in my thread about parcel shelf
Yesterday got parcel shelf with sun blind and surround speakers. The shelf was installed in a 30 minutes :) a few photos as usual: View attachment 37298 View attachment 37306 View attachment 37314
)
Today I got the front surround speaker C2Z 22817, sub C2Z 15665 and amp С2D 30272.
After all these items were plugged the menu with "DTS", "DOLBY" and "Meridian"alived - so I'm happy.
A few photos 'll post soon

#58 ·
I've ordered one just because they look cool. Probably swap it back at the time to sell so as not to mislead it has the higher stereo.

At the moment the price I have is £34 incl vat but I will do a bit of haggling when I get there :)

#63 ·
Just a question about this retrofit, is there a problem to fit the front door speakers to the Standard 8-speaker cars?

Only reason I ask is that there is a different door casing listed in the JEPC depending on which sound system; Standard, Meridian Premium or Meridian High Premium.

Is that only because of badges? or is there an additional grill for the midrange speaker in the front doors that's missing on the standard cars?

I mean for 2014MY

#64 ·
Hi mate!

In 2014MY there are 10 speakers: 3 in front door and 2 on rear.

You can add surround speakers in parcelshelf and dashboard and change AMP, i think you'll get satisfaction :)

Yes, it's only for badges ;) the only cover which must be change is the cover for central speaker on dashboard.

Greeetings to our friend from Moscow ;)

Have a nice weekend.

#65 ·
Thanks mate :)

This one i'm looking at has the base system, no sub.

I did not know it already has the mid-range speakers in the front door as well, the JEPC says only 8 speakers...

Just working out the cost to put in the full Meridian Surround system now.

It's a small world isn't it... send my regards to Moscow too!

#77 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I've been wanting to upgrade the 400W Jaguar sound system in my MY2012 XF since purchasing it a couple of years ago.
A year ago I fitted the Meridian door speakers and added the Jaguar subwoofer (powered by an aftermarket amp) - but have never been satisfied with the sound quality.

Thanks to the information on this forum, help from Michael (08292), Cambo and the workshop/wiring manuals - I have installed the remainder of the Meridian 825W Surround sound system and will be having it activated tomorrow.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Auto part Hood

Parcel shelf removed

Mode of transport Vehicle Architecture Roof Road

As you can see by the appalling mess I made - I should have bought a circle cutter before I started

Vehicle Car Floor Auto part Family car
Land vehicle Car Vehicle Hood Glass

Parcel shelf speakers fitted and covered

I needed the C2Z13633 wiring harness for the parcel shelf speakers - £7ish from Jaguar
The three surround speakers needed were £12.50 each on eBay
The two parcel shelf speaker covers were £4 on eBay

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tire Vehicle Auto part

Here's the amplifier installed (£250 on eBay)

Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Family car
Fashion accessory Car Vehicle Metal

Then there's the centre speaker... the wiring connector is in the same place on the Right Hand Drive model as the LHD described above.

I cut a hole in the existing dash speaker cover as recommended - to allow space for the centre speaker.
I've been having trouble finding a Meridian/B&W speaker cover for less than £140 (it's a small piece of plastic for goodness sake!) If anyone knows where to get one at a reasonable price - that would be very helpful.

I'm looking forward to trying it all out tomorrow!

James

#78 ·
Hi all,

I've been wanting to upgrade 400W Jaguar sound system in my MY2012 car since purchasing it a couple of years ago.
A year ago I fitted the Meridian door speakers and added a the Jaguar subwoofer (powered by an aftermarket amp) - but have never been satisfied with the sound quality.

Thanks to the information on this forum, help from Michael (08292), Cambo and the workshop/wiring manuals - I have installed the remainder of the Meridian 825W Surround sound system and will be having it activated tomorrow.

View attachment 116322
Parcel shelf removed

View attachment 116330
As you can see by the appalling mess I made - I should have bought a circle cutter before I started

View attachment 116338 View attachment 116346
Parcel shelf speakers fitted and covered

I needed the C2Z13633 wiring harness for the parcel shelf speakers (£7ish from Jaguar)
The three surround speakers needed were £12.50 each on eBay
The two parcel shelf speaker covers were £4 on eBay

View attachment 116370
Here's the amplifier installed (£250 on eBay)

View attachment 116362 View attachment 116354
Then there's the centre speaker... the wiring connector is in the same place on the Right Hand Drive model as the LHD described above.

I cut a hole in the existing dash speaker cover as recommended - to allow space for the speaker.
I've been having trouble finding a Meridian/B&W speaker cover for less than £140 (it's a small piece of plastic for goodness sake!) If anyone knows where to get one at a reasonable price - that would be very helpful.

I'm looking forward to trying it all out tomorrow!

James
Nice job! I see that you made the similar cutting for central dash cover as I advised you, so you keep a few pounds :) if ordered new one with Meridian or B&W script.

#84 ·
Ok looks like Mark had a bargain. Still only worth the £34 maximum. Good luck with your search if you find any illuminated vents for the XJ please let me know.

#86 ·
Ah, okay Mark - I'll give that a try tomorrow.

Thanks!

#90 ·
I've only the basic jaguar amp 80W in my x260 and although it's ok I'd like to upgrade it. Thought I'd Google meridian amp, jeez they're like his teeth. Cant find them anywhere which I find a but strange. Tried searching for Range Rover , jlr, jaguar :(

#99 ·
Awesome work, I have Meridian sound system, but its not the Meridian surround. Would love to upgrade mine!

#102 ·
I've sourced Meridian dash speaker + cover, parcel shelf + speakers and amp from a 2014 Jaguar XFR being broken. They've said they'll give me the wiring looms too. Could be in for a result.

#104 ·
Just picked up rear parcel shelf with Meridian speakers, dash centre surround speaker + cover and the amp for £300 all in. Excited.

#105 ·
Today I finished everything with Sound System in X250 with Meridian Surround Amplifier. So for now (while I searching for 1700W amplifier) I created similar to X351 1200W Sound System, now it consists from next components:
- parcel shelf & dashboard Meridian Surround Coaxial speakers;
- front doors: tweeters are from Meridian, midranges are black Kevlar from 1700W Meridian Signature Sound System, bass are B&W yellow Kevlar speakers;
- rear doors: bass are B&W yellow Kevlar speakers, instead tweeters now installed B&W yellow Kevlar surround speakers (like in X351 1200W System).
After this mods I got awesome sound in rear doors :) & brilliant sound at all.

#109 ·
Going to arrange to see James on here soon to get my car config sorted so I can upgrade my sound system. Meridian Parcel shelf has the loom in it too so no need to buy the £8 loom from Jaguar :)

How does parcel shelf come out? do I need to remove the D pillar trims first?

#110 ·
If your parcel shelf with speakers already has the speakers wiring & speakers, you doesn’t need to buy nothing more. But in any case, please post photo bottom side of parcel shelf.

Yes, correct: for take off parcel shelf, the D-pillars must be removed first, next step is fold rear seat & take of seat surrounds.

#112 ·
For me the true fantastic upgrade for me is install 1700W amplifier which was never installed from factory in X250, find like EOM size & parameters (seems to me already know who could be donor) Kevlar speaker for subwoofer, install titanium tweeters instead of aluminum & maybe replace surround speakers in dashboard & parcel shelf from 1700W Signature System; and in the end install two Kevlar midranges with one titanium tweeter in each front seat back [emoji4]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.