Welcome to the new Jaginfo discussion forums.
This forum is brand new, and has been set up in response to massive over-moderation and censorship found in other Jag forums.
The purpose of this forum is to allow polite free expression of opinion, without interference from forum moderators.
When you register, an email is sent immediately (it should get to you within a second or two). If you don't get it, the odds are your junk mail filter has trapped it - so have a look in your junk mail folder. You need this email to click on the link in it, to complete the registration process (this is to verify your email address). You are only permitted one account per person.
I don't like rules (!) but we have to have a couple to keep things in order. These rules apply to all posts on the site that can be read by others.
1. Language. You must agree to keep your temper cool and your language suitable for a general readership (from young child to OAP). So no swearing, and no trying to get around the swear filter. The reason for this is to keep the forum a usable and pleasant place for the older generations.
2. Be polite. Under no circumstances will personal insults nor impolite comments nor antagonistic remarks be tolerated. There will be no trolling nor winding-up campaigns, nor anything that spoils the atmosphere or tone of the forum. It is also considered impolite to register under multiple usernames, so this is also not allowed.
3. Nothing personal. When you have a clash of opinion, make sure you argue the point, and never make the argument in any way personal.
4. The bin. Pathetic flame wars will be moved to a "bin" forum. As will requests for information that can very easily be found by either just looking around, or failing that, searching.
5. Grammar. Please spell new topic subjects correctly, and try to make them informative (avoid "Should I" or "Help" or similar). Please use English only (apart from in the Greek forum), and not leet speak nor text speak (m 8 , g r 8, u r etc, but without the spaces).
6. Nothing illegal. No illegal stuff please. Whilst I am the first to admit that many of our laws are useless and wrong, I am trying to steer this forum into being a useful and deep resource for many types of person. Many forums deteriorate into places where kids and idiots will brag and argue about road racing and the like, so in order to deter this behaviour I ask that everything here be kept legal, however trivial. This should stump the fools at the starting gun, with luck.
7. Graphics. Please limit avatars to small, non animated pictures, which are non-offensive, signatures must not contain images (apart from smileys hosted at Jaginfo) and must be no more than 5 lines deep, and any links must not be referral links (those are the ones trying to make money - like spam) to other organisations or companies. Linking to anything else, including similar forums, is absolutely fine.
8. Libel. Under UK law both the poster and the website owner are liable to prosecution if libellous comments are published. A libellous comment is an untrue one that is damaging to the person or business. Anyone doing this will be banned instantly.
9. Commercial. All buying and selling is to be done in the For Sale and Wanted forum and is subject to the trading rules.
10. PMs. Although the above rules are for public posts, it is not permitted to send a PM that may cause significant offence to the recipient. It is the responsibility of the sender to gauge what "significant offence" may be, but it normally includes personal attacks combined with use of poor language. The recipient should use the "report PM" function.
I will try to warn rule breakers first, then issue a temporary ban, then a permanent ban. I reserve the right to skip any of these phases!
Moderation guidelines in use on this site:
- Moderation will be the very rare exception, and not the rule.
- Poor spelling and poorly worded thread titles will not be edited (though you'll look much better if you put a little effort in). Incorrect spelling in thread titles may be edited, just to help people who search with words spelt correctly.
- Hopeless thread titles (like "Question", "What is the", "eh?" and so on) will be expanded.
- All edits will be shown, in line and in context.
- Personal insults, unnecessary language, clearly libellous claims, (in other words, the very exceptional clearly unacceptable posting) will be moderated – but the post will show where and what has been removed, and maybe why.
My speakers sounde terribl. Pottsy is a w***ker.
My speakers sounde terribl. [Edit by Pottsy 1/7/06 – personal insult removed – please refrain]
A note about privacy (I personally always like to know how data is used). All the information you see here (including posts, registration info, PMs, poll votes and so on) is held on a database. Only I have access to this database. If I could be bothered to delve into the database (which I can't) I could read the text of PMs (but it takes a while to work out the sender and recipient). I do reserve the right to inspect PMs in the event of illegal activity or serious rule breaking. Whenever you use any website (including this) the site records your IP address, what you're looking at and sometimes words you used at a search engine (to show how you got here). I will not give or sell your personal registration information to anyone other than the police, and will not spam you with emails, unless it's really important (moving the site, or major downtime for example). Copyright of all material held by the poster that is published or stored on this site passes to the site owner.
Passwords are not held on the database here. When you enter your password, a bit of complex maths is done on it, and the result stored here. To verify the password, the maths is done again and the result compared with the result held here. You cannot convert the maths result back into a password (double MD5 hash with seed).
Stuff to do if you've just registered:
- Go to your control panel, and enter your details (including your location, and why not chose an avatar - the little pic that appears by your name).
- Post a hello in the introduce yourself forum.
- Post some pics of your car in the gallery.
- Become acquainted with the search facility - if you ask a question that has already been answered, people will shout at you!
Thanks, and have fun,