S badge on front grille.. - Page 3
Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 64
  1. #41
    Founder member
    Join Date
    16th Oct 2012
    Location
    Peterborough
    Posts
    19,667
    First name
    Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Dadda View Post
    Many Thanks for the correct info chaps.

    I will probably go with front and back but with the correct S badge on the back.
    £22 seems a bit excessive for the rear S badge but may have to bite the bullet on this if i cant find it anywhere cheaper.

    Oh and the infotainment system is working again but will see how we go tomorrow as tonight is meant to be a another frosty one
    Welcome aboard

    Go for either badge, not many would know the difference anyway

  2. Remove Advertisements
    JagInfo.org
    Advertisements
     

  3. #42
    Senior member Nessie's Avatar
    Join Date
    29th Oct 2012
    Location
    Blue Mountains, Oz.
    Posts
    2,724
    First name
    Jon
    For a MY 2011 neither of those badges are correct. They are both face-lift badges.
    The rear S badge on a 2011 has no colour and no background. There was no front badge.
    Go with whatever floats your boat, unless your a badge fanatical anorak...



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Just when I think I'm over my insomnia the car behind me honks.

  4. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Nessie View Post
    For a MY 2011 neither of those badges are correct. They are both face-lift badges.
    The rear S badge on a 2011 has no colour and no background. There was no front badge.
    Go with whatever floats your boat, unless your a badge fanatical anorak...
    Thanks and I hear that.

    I Happy to go with whats cheapest really so long its not like sticking a AMG badge next to the XF .
    MY 2011 is the facelift version

  5. Remove Advertisements
    JagInfo.org
    Advertisements
     

  6. #44
    Senior member Nessie's Avatar
    Join Date
    29th Oct 2012
    Location
    Blue Mountains, Oz.
    Posts
    2,724
    First name
    Jon
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Dadda View Post
    MY 2011 is the facelift version
    If it's a face-lift and built in 2011 it's regarded as MY2012. Then the coloured badge is correct. Just enjoy, stick whatever badges you like on it. (just be prepared for the backlash from the Badge Police )



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Just when I think I'm over my insomnia the car behind me honks.

  7. #45
    Active Member Pondman's Avatar
    Join Date
    26th Oct 2016
    Location
    Horsham, West Sussex
    Posts
    104
    First name
    Ross
    I've bought a grill badge with a fitting/fixing rear plate (proper job), will I need to take the front bumper off to fit it? if so, can someone with an original grill badge guide me to the "exact" location of the original fitment of the badge on the grill mesh i.e. - bottom right corner 3 holes up and 5 holes in + pic? please

  8. #46
    Prodigious Member idrobbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    30th Oct 2014
    Location
    Cheddar
    Posts
    877
    First name
    Ian
    If you look at the early posts in this thread I think most have suggested sticking it on as it is easier, as you suggest it would probably be bumper off otherwise. I would suggest looking at a few dealer models etc to get an idea, I'm sure it's not an exact science.
    3.0D 2012 (62) XF-S Premium Luxury IRR, D3ggy footrest, Interior LEDs, Red growler, plenty of polish
    Previous: 3.0D 2009 (59) XF Luxury, 2002 (52) S Type 3.0 S

  9. #47
    Active Member Madart's Avatar
    Join Date
    4th Jan 2016
    Location
    Shot Gun Shack Queensland
    Posts
    248
    First name
    Mark
    A grille hole filled with clear silicon is all you'd ever need.
    It won't move unless you decide to pull it off and then the silicon pulls out of the grille pretty easily- just comes out in a block.

    I had reason to pull mine off recently because a rock must have hit it and the green enamel fell out. So a repaint.
    All done in 15 minutes. Damned if I'd be pulling the front end off the car for that, with the possibility of scratching parts when you're doing it.

  10. #48
    Senior member OzXFR's Avatar
    Join Date
    7th Nov 2013
    Location
    Adelaide South Australia
    Posts
    2,057
    First name
    Kim
    Quote Originally Posted by Madart View Post
    A grille hole filled with clear silicon is all you'd ever need.
    It won't move unless you decide to pull it off and then the silicon pulls out of the grille pretty easily- just comes out in a block.

    I had reason to pull mine off recently because a rock must have hit it and the green enamel fell out. So a repaint.
    All done in 15 minutes. Damned if I'd be pulling the front end off the car for that, with the possibility of scratching parts when you're doing it.
    Agreed (getting to be a habit lately!), with one difference - I prefer to use black rather than clear on a black grille like on my XFR.
    I stuck an R badge on years ago using black silicone RTV windscreen sealant, and it never budged a micron.
    2014 F-Type S coupe in Lunar Grey with Red Zone interior and almost all the options.
    The dearly departed - 2010 XFS and 2010 XFR.

  11. #49
    Prodigious Member etypephil's Avatar
    Join Date
    2nd Jan 2017
    Location
    Colchester, Fougeres, Budapest.
    Posts
    770
    First name
    Phil
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Dadda View Post
    Oh and the infotainment system is working again but will see how we go tomorrow as tonight is meant to be a another frosty one
    Just in case you haven't already discovered the answer to this one. Under adverse conditions, low battery, extreme essential demands on the electrical system, for example, the car shuts down non essential devices such as seat heaters, infotainment etc. When the battery is sufficiently recharged, and the system can support everything, they will work again.
    XJ V6 3 l, XFR 5 l. Past: XF V8 4.2 l, XJ12 6 l, Sovereign 4 l, XJS, XJC 4.2 l & 5.3 l convertibles, S1 & S2 XJ6 / 12 saloons, Mk 9 3.8 l, Mk 10 3.8 l, 420G, 3.8 l E type powered special, 3.8 l E types, Mk 2 3.4 l & 3.8 l saloons.

  12. #50
    Founder member
    Join Date
    16th Oct 2012
    Location
    Peterborough
    Posts
    19,667
    First name
    Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by Pondman View Post
    I've bought a grill badge with a fitting/fixing rear plate (proper job), will I need to take the front bumper off to fit it? if so, can someone with an original grill badge guide me to the "exact" location of the original fitment of the badge on the grill mesh i.e. - bottom right corner 3 holes up and 5 holes in + pic? please
    Bottom right quadrant of the grille, just place it where you prefer it

  13. #51
    Active Member Pondman's Avatar
    Join Date
    26th Oct 2016
    Location
    Horsham, West Sussex
    Posts
    104
    First name
    Ross
    Quote Originally Posted by idrobbo View Post
    If you look at the early posts in this thread I think most have suggested sticking it on as it is easier, as you suggest it would probably be bumper off otherwise. I would suggest looking at a few dealer models etc to get an idea, I'm sure it's not an exact science.
    I was thinking of upgrading the xenon bulbs at the same time, so it would kill 2 birds........etc. Having come from adaptive lights on a Mercedes, the Jag ones are wanting!
    I was hoping to make the badges look totally OE stylee

  14. #52
    Hi all
    I have just fitted a badge to the front of my 2013 Sportbrake S. And you can access the back of the grill by removing the lower panel fitted between the bumper and the engine and then just uncliping one end of a plastic box section and hey presto badge fitted with bracket and screw supplied.
    All in all about an hour on my own to complete.
    Hope this helps someone.
    Last edited by dogdeek; 16th May 2017 at 18:19. Reason: Typo

  15. #53
    Senior member OBC John's Avatar
    Join Date
    9th Aug 2013
    Location
    Halesowen
    Posts
    8,626
    First name
    John
    Quote Originally Posted by dogdeek View Post
    Hi all
    I have just fitted a badge to the front of my 2013 Sportbrake S. And you can access the back of the grill by removing the lower panel fitted between the bumper and the engine and then just uncliping one end of a plastic box section and hey presto badge fitted with bracket and screw supplied.
    All in all about an hour on my own to complete.
    Hope this helps someone.
    Photo! Or it didn't happen . . . . . 😏

    Sent from my Nexus 10 and a Black XF-S 😎
    XF-S Portfolio in BLACK

  16. #54
    Active Member R6UEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    21st Mar 2017
    Location
    Newmarket
    Posts
    75
    First name
    Richard
    Quote Originally Posted by OBC John View Post
    Photo! Or it didn't happen . . . . .

    Sent from my Nexus 10 and a Black XF-S
    🤣🤣


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 Glacier White/Black & Red XFS 3.0 Supercharger
    ex. 2012 Stratus Grey/Black XFS 3.0D
    Portfolio
    ex. 2009 Indigo Blue/Ivory XF Prem Lux

  17. #55
    Fairly new to posting etc so will find out how to attach photos Stby..

  18. #56
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    9th Jan 2015
    Location
    Ploiesti, Romania
    Posts
    350
    Didn't try the uncliping. But used very same method to mount mine with the grille still there.
    Jaguar XF 3.0D V6 MY2010.

  19. #57

    access to back of grill from below

    Finally got the pics sorted so here goes.
    To fit the "S" badge to the grill of my 2013 Sportbrake S I Dropped the panel that goes from the front bumper/skirt to the engine cover that is under the vehicle Attachment 133689. Be aware that when lowered that there are 2 sensors attached to the panel and the cables are only just long enough to allow the panel to lay on the floor even though the car was not raised up so a couple of 100mm blocks to let it down on is a really good idea. this image is of 1 of the sensors. Sensor.jpgThen I unclipped 1 end of the plastic piece that is exposed this then gave ample access to fit the badge using the correct fittings.plastic.jpg. now the badge in position that i thought looked good. only showing grill cos the car needed a wash. Badge.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

  20. #58
    Senior member Shrek's Avatar
    Join Date
    1st Nov 2012
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    3,697
    First name
    Neill
    Good job. Looks like you had some help from Wilf
    MY15.75 Alaskan Racing White XFR-S with full carbon, and all the options ticked. Oh, and a lovely Supercharged V8 with a Spires
    Previous. IRR XFS Portfolio / Previous. Stratus Grey XFS Portfolio

  21. #59
    Wilf is our technical photographer advisor 😎

  22. #60
    Senior member Shrek's Avatar
    Join Date
    1st Nov 2012
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    3,697
    First name
    Neill
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie7 View Post
    ˙ɹosıʌpɐ ɹǝɥdɐɹƃoʇoɥd lɐɔıuɥɔǝʇ ɹno sı ɟlıʍ
    Fixed that for you.
    MY15.75 Alaskan Racing White XFR-S with full carbon, and all the options ticked. Oh, and a lovely Supercharged V8 with a Spires
    Previous. IRR XFS Portfolio / Previous. Stratus Grey XFS Portfolio


 

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •