S badge on front grille.. - Page 2
Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    First name
    Mark

S badge on front grille..

You could always do what I have done to Tonys badge today

http://www.jaginfo.org/showthread.php?1941-badge
    Discovery Sport HSE Lux, Corris Grey with adaptive headlights, camera pack, incontrol remote, all terrain progress control, reduced spare wheel.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JagInfo.org
    Advertisements

Rampant Member
    First name
    Jim
    With new style 'S' badges at £23 a pop, I am tempted to fit Audi 'S' badges to mine, front and back. Available for just a few pounds on e-bay.

Sits back, waits for outraged reaction.
    Previous owner of X-type 3.0AWD, X-type 2.2d Estate, XF 2.7d, XFS 3.0d.
    Currently Jaguar XE 240 R-sport and XK 5.0 Convertible.
    You've got to love Jags.

First name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by coneman View Post
    With new style 'S' badges at £23 a pop, I am tempted to fit Audi 'S' badges to mine, front and back. Available for just a few pounds on e-bay.

Sits back, waits for outraged reaction.
    I see what you mean they are cheap

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-S-Rea...-/370329806196
    Discovery Sport HSE Lux, Corris Grey with adaptive headlights, camera pack, incontrol remote, all terrain progress control, reduced spare wheel.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JagInfo.org
    Advertisements

First name
    Tony
    You want to devalue your car carry on
    keep a look out for the cheap OEM ones on E Bay...
    If you had posted that on the other side it wouldn't stayed long...
    wheres P***** when he's needed
    JaguarXFS Sportbrake Portfolio, Stratus,Red zone,BSM, rear camera. Black pack silver Dracos
    Supplied by Sturgess...Blackvue 650HD 2ch http://mydrive.roadfly.com/blog/tonyg6hbq

4x S badges are now back on eBay at £16 per piece.

I am a bit spent out after spoiler, new lamps, paint and nice new ss foot rest (and £2.5K for a new boiler) this month... I would have liked a couple

http://bit.ly/VYVD72

Same seller also has new style remote keys...

First name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Matt-A View Post
    Same seller also has new style remote keys...
    I saw one of those at the dealer the other day and thought that's nice, then realised in an emergency it won't fit the key dock.

Wonder how much programming is.

Maybe a silly question but where, specifically, should the S badge be placed on the grille?

Executive Member
    First name
    Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidge View Post
    Maybe a silly question but where, specifically, should the S badge be placed on the grille?
    Generally, in the middle of the lower right hand quadrant of the grill, when looking at the front of the car

Very Active Member
    First name
    Ian
    I would be very dubious about sticking an S badge on the grille with silicone or any type of glue. I suspect that as soon as you let the car wash roller rip across the front of the grille it will rip the badge off .

Stands back....

Waits for the flame posts ....

... and no, I wouldn't be seen dead in one of those machines.
    XF-S Face lift Lunar Grey charcoal interior

First name
    John
    Although my old R badge mod never went through a car wash it stayed in place without issues. I used Araldite.

Line up the diagonal from the lower right front quarter of the grill to the Growler.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    MY2015 XFR IRR / Black Pack/ Speed Pack / Dark Dracos / Warm Charcoal - Ivory/ Spires Exhaust/ lots of extras
    ​Previously MY2011 XFR Utimate Black/warm charcoal/B&W/rear camera/extras

Executive Member
    First name
    Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by MyIRRCat View Post
    Although my old R badge mod never went through a car wash it stayed in place without issues. I used Araldite.

Line up the diagonal from the lower right front quarter of the grill to the Growler.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Exactly the same on my second XFS, badge fitted with Araldite and never budged, despite snow foaming and pressure washing most weeks

Executive Member
    First name
    Dave
    My XFS with the stuck on badge

First name
    Lee
    I have an S badge on the rear of my car but not on the front grille, it is an S though, I did think about getting one and putting it on but am a little unsure, I also like the leather S that sits in the little V on the bottom half of the steering wheel.

Executive Member
    First name
    Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeU View Post
    I have an S badge on the rear of my car but not on the front grille, it is an S though, I did think about getting one and putting it on but am a little unsure, I also like the leather S that sits in the little V on the bottom half of the steering wheel.
    What year is your car?

Hi all

I'm a newbie to the XF family as i've recently treated myself to a V6s 2011 at back end of october . This is my first post on here so be gentle and seeing as my question is about the S badge, it seem more sense reviving this thread than starting a new one on the same subject.

My car didn't come with any S badges, back or front (but it definitely is a V6s) and was contemplating adding them, but unsure which one is the correct version for my as i have seen both.

Badge 1
    S badge 2.jpg

Badge 2
    S badge.jpg

The above are both sticky back. For the rear emblem, is it safe just to use sticky back as is or is it wise to add a bit of superglue/Araldite to stop it from sagging in extreme sunlight/hot weather? My instinct says the latter.

For the front grille, i had already bought ( via the bay) Badge 1 thinking its a simple screw/clamp onto the grille, but that was kiboshed when i found out to get to the grille, the whole front bumper had to be removed.

So i am intrigued to know, those who have already done this and posted on this thread, now that a few years has passed if the emblem is still in place after a few seasons of Summers/Winters and washing? Any sagging?

Beside ebay, where else can i get the authentic badges and how much?
    I doubt if some of the ones on the bay are authentic and being from China and very cheap makes me very wary but if good enough, I don't mind having a pop.

Before i bought the car, i was dead set on vinyl wrapping 99% of the chrome ( except the bit above the side vents) in gloss black as i like that aggressive look, but now i'm having second thoughts because l like it as is a lot more now than before. Any thoughts on that?

However, a person living down the end of my street has just got the exact same car which is pushing me more to get it done, if only to be a bit different.

One last thing, and probably the most important, Does it being extremely cold and or frosty over night causing problems to the infotainment system?
    I started the card this morning to warm it up and defrost before i go to work and the infotainment wouldn't come on. So stop the engine, got out and lock the car and waited a few seconds and started again and still no infotainment.

No problems or indications of one at all before this morning. In fact its been excellent. I didn't have time to investigate properly as i had to get going so i am searching for any resolution.
    Anybody had this problem and resolved? It be silly if it was the frosty night caused it as we've only just hit the very cold nights with many more to come so this is simply not on

First name
    Tony
    2011 is badge 2 to be correct. No superglue required on the rear one.
    There are threads for fitting the front badge.
    Welcome
    JaguarXFS Sportbrake Portfolio, Stratus,Red zone,BSM, rear camera. Black pack silver Dracos
    Supplied by Sturgess...Blackvue 650HD 2ch http://mydrive.roadfly.com/blog/tonyg6hbq

First name
    Phil
    Quote Originally Posted by G6hbq View Post
    Welcome
    The front S badge didn't appear until MY2015, the round S badge, rear only, was MY2014

2014 XFS Portfolio. Carnelian Red, Ivory/Charcoal/Piano Black, sunroof, camera, diffuser
    Previous 2013 XFS Portfolio. Carnelian Red, Ivory, sunroof, camera
    2010XFS PL Specrum Blue, Ivory, Camera

First name
    Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by G6hbq View Post
    Welcome
    Agree with Tony. Welcome to the forum.Starts with the S badge and ends up replacing the exhaust is what usually happens.
    Paul.
    XJLWB Polaris, black venoms,rear entertainment pack, front and rear heated and cooled and massage seats, heated steering wheel,illuminated tread plates and luggage liner and lots more.

Many Thanks for the correct info chaps.

I will probably go with front and back but with the correct S badge on the back.
    £22 seems a bit excessive for the rear S badge but may have to bite the bullet on this if i cant find it anywhere cheaper.

Oh and the infotainment system is working again but will see how we go tomorrow as tonight is meant to be a another frosty one

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.