Jaguar Forum banner

S badge on front grille..

33K views 63 replies 31 participants last post by  Pondman 
#1 ·
I see a few cars with the new style "S" badge on the front grille.. How are they fixed ? Is the adhesive backing enough to secure it to the lattice grille ?

Thanks.

#2 ·
My suggestion was to fill one of the honeycombs with black silicone. Wait for it to cure, & then use some more silicone to affix the badge. Judging by how difficult it is to get the bloody stuff off a shower tray, it should be very secure.

#4 · (Edited)
I used a double sided foam pad with some added strong glue. It works a treat. They come with a sticky back, which is not strong engough to fix to the grille. I peeled that off used a stronger sticky pad that was thicker this then moulded to the grille for a better fix with added glue.

I think the R one has a specific holder type of thing that attached to the grille from behind.

#5 ·
I used Araldite, the badge is supplied with a 3m double sided sticky pad, this held the badge in place while the adhesive went off, the badge is solid.

#7 ·
I made a small metal plate shaped to the badge,
drilled a hole in the middle and soldered a screw on to it.
this was part of a cavity fixing which went through the grille,
tightened up and the fixed the badge using the self adhesive
pad.

#8 ·
Mine's held on as per TheStigs post, by infilling 2 sections of the honeycomb, with black silicone. It was pretty secure, but I added a couple fo drops of superglue as the thought of it flexing made me worry a cloth or something would catch and it would be history. Belt and braces.

Funny the dealer wondered how I'd done it when they saw it :)

#9 ·
I bought one of the badges when I say them on ebay the other day, but now I'm a bit undecided whether or not to fix it on. No offence to those that have fitted one already but I'm thinking it might be a bit false?

Do I, don't I ?

Has anyone got any good pictures of theirs being worn on the car?

#11 ·
I thought of doing it next year when I get the re-map done as the car will be equivalent or better but it's not an S so I won't be doing it.

If you see one of my other threads thou I have put an S Type grill based on today :)

#13 · (Edited)
#22 ·
With new style 'S' badges at £23 a pop, I am tempted to fit Audi 'S' badges to mine, front and back. Available for just a few pounds on e-bay.

Sits back, waits for outraged reaction.

#24 ·
You want to devalue your car carry on :)
keep a look out for the cheap OEM ones on E Bay...
If you had posted that on the other side it wouldn't stayed long...
wheres P***** when he's needed

#29 ·
Generally, in the middle of the lower right hand quadrant of the grill, when looking at the front of the car

#30 ·
I would be very dubious about sticking an S badge on the grille with silicone or any type of glue. I suspect that as soon as you let the car wash roller rip across the front of the grille it will rip the badge off .

Stands back....

Waits for the flame posts ....

... and no, I wouldn't be seen dead in one of those machines.

#31 ·
Although my old R badge mod never went through a car wash [emoji37] it stayed in place without issues. I used Araldite.

Line up the diagonal from the lower right front quarter of the grill to the Growler.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

#32 ·
Exactly the same on my second XFS, badge fitted with Araldite and never budged, despite snow foaming and pressure washing most weeks

#34 ·
I have an S badge on the rear of my car but not on the front grille, it is an S though, I did think about getting one and putting it on but am a little unsure, I also like the leather S that sits in the little V on the bottom half of the steering wheel.

#36 ·
Hi all

I'm a newbie to the XF family as i've recently treated myself to a V6s 2011 at back end of october . This is my first post on here so be gentle and seeing as my question is about the S badge, it seem more sense reviving this thread than starting a new one on the same subject.

My car didn't come with any S badges, back or front (but it definitely is a V6s) and was contemplating adding them, but unsure which one is the correct version for my as i have seen both.

Badge 1

Badge 2
Emblem Logo Vehicle Car Font

The above are both sticky back. For the rear emblem, is it safe just to use sticky back as is or is it wise to add a bit of superglue/Araldite to stop it from sagging in extreme sunlight/hot weather? My instinct says the latter.

For the front grille, i had already bought ( via the bay) Badge 1 thinking its a simple screw/clamp onto the grille, but that was kiboshed when i found out to get to the grille, the whole front bumper had to be removed.

So i am intrigued to know, those who have already done this and posted on this thread, now that a few years has passed if the emblem is still in place after a few seasons of Summers/Winters and washing? Any sagging?

Beside ebay, where else can i get the authentic badges and how much?
I doubt if some of the ones on the bay are authentic and being from China and very cheap makes me very wary but if good enough, I don't mind having a pop.

Before i bought the car, i was dead set on vinyl wrapping 99% of the chrome ( except the bit above the side vents) in gloss black as i like that aggressive look, but now i'm having second thoughts because l like it as is a lot more now than before. Any thoughts on that?

However, a person living down the end of my street has just got the exact same car :mad: which is pushing me more to get it done, if only to be a bit different.

One last thing, and probably the most important, Does it being extremely cold and or frosty over night causing problems to the infotainment system?
I started the card this morning to warm it up and defrost before i go to work and the infotainment wouldn't come on. So stop the engine, got out and lock the car and waited a few seconds and started again and still no infotainment.

No problems or indications of one at all before this morning. In fact its been excellent. I didn't have time to investigate properly as i had to get going so i am searching for any resolution.
Anybody had this problem and resolved? It be silly if it was the frosty night caused it as we've only just hit the very cold nights with many more to come so this is simply not on

#38 ·
The front S badge didn't appear until MY2015, the round S badge, rear only, was MY2014

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.