Jaguar Forum banner

XJ 3.0D vs S350 CDI Bluetec

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Pgarrish 
#1 ·
Which is best and why - the XJ 3.0D or the S-Class 350 CDI Bluetec (not new model)?

#3 ·
It's a bit like a pint of beer & a pint of water. Both do the same job of hydrating you, but the pint of water probably does a slightly better job. However.....if you went out for a meal, would you want to drink 5 pints of water?:confused:

#6 ·
I think the Merc just looks terrible and boring, the interior is also dated and doesn't match the exterior design well IMO.

I don't like the rear of the XJ as I have said before, but overall it is a stunning looking car and that can't be said of the Merc. The interior is far superior and up to date in the XJ.

And why badge an S-class with economy/green ( blue) badging?

Performance and handling wise I have no comparison to offer.

#7 ·
Both have design flaws. I have not driven the Merc however the XJ is a wonderful car to drive. It is also the rarer beast and the one I would want to walk up to in the car park.

#8 ·
Galls me to say it but the technology is probably more advanced in the S Class but I'm glad to say the drive/handling of the XJ is in a different league to to the S Class.

So if you are going to be sat in the back being chauffeured around then S Class.

But if you are going to be driving then XJ every time.

#10 ·
S class looks like an E looks like a C...... it's the catalogue choice for a 50K+ purchase when you can't even be arsed to look before you buy it. The XJ is in a different world (even though I agree the styling isn't 100% effective) and doesn't make people think you're a to55er.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.