Jaguar Forum banner

Satnav update

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  richmond 
#1 ·
Hello just thought I would pass this on too member's ,My sta nav disc is 2009/2010 , not a bad system .Thought I would give it ago before xmass ,Was going to the event city in manchester to see the carp fishing show .Went to put in the post code and it would not take the last letter ! New disc needed , looked up price's around about £160 for new disc . So had a look on ebay , found this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291038649913?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2648 , Thought i would give it ago . So 4 weeks latter it arrived put it in the DVD drive for car and sure enough on the screen said systerm needs update press ok , 10 mins latter all working fine and event city address know works . So if anyone wants a new disc for little money here you go :)

#5 ·
I bought the 2011/2012 version from there and it loaded easily and works as it's supposed to. In other words, just as the previous one but with updated roads. I still prefer the TomTom.

#9 · (Edited)
Well I've just loaded the 2012/2013 update disc. It told me to accept the firmware update which I did. The screen went black for a short while then the nav soft key went grey. Turned off the ignition then started up. Soft key was reactivated and all is working fine with newer maps. Checked on an area that I knew was not on the old disc and it seems spot on.

Wasn't clear when the update was complete but process was easy enough.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.