Jaguar Forum banner

Heated seats

6K views 27 replies 17 participants last post by  Woody 
#1 ·
My front passenger seat has now got a big brown scorch mark right in the middle of the back rest panel after my good lady had it on for the 4 hour ride up north is there anyway to get it back to barley(or what ever the colour is)?????

#2 ·
My front passenger seat has now got a big brown scorch mark right in the middle of the back rest panel after my good lady had it on for the 4 hour ride up north is there anyway to get it back to barley(or what ever the colour is)?????
I was viewing the activity stream, just read your post about using flappy paddles and how much fun you were having, and then saw the first few words of this post.

Thought it was a follow up on the same topic at first... :eek:

#3 ·
There's no way that the seats should get so hot that the leather is scorched. If they were that hot, Mrs Woody would also be scorched. This has to be a thermostat problem or dye transfer from clothing. Have you still got your bottle of Jaguar leather cleaner?

#11 ·
Well got out today and used the bottle of leather cleaner kindly sent to me by Northwest Jag and it made no difference to the brown scorch mark on my passenger seat back.
So it looks like I put up with it or get some dye

#13 ·
Graham, after looking through your post it seems you've done everything possible and it looks like it's not dye transfer.
Why don't you get in contact Jaguar Customer Care?
Under the SOGA this should not happen.. just a thought

#16 ·
Well did get to find out something about my seats(a big thank you to Northwest jag(David)for all his help)but it wasn't what I was expecting.
My local dealer Stratstone Derby told me that I dont have an element in my car seats so it can't be that causing the scorched effect!!!!
How stupid do they think I am where is the heat coming from then?
If he would have said sorry we can't fix it as it's 4 years old and the warranty has run out then I would have accepted it and that would be that.

Is the same sort of mentality going on when they get a car in for a service
"Didn't change the oil filter and the oil as your car hasn't got them"

Not a good advert for either Stratstone or Jaguar

#18 ·
This sort of thing is causing me a real dilemma at the moment. Being a new owner, I want to look after my XF when it comes around to it's first service (with me, 1000 miles away, car will be on 83k'ish miles). I'm worried about taking it to the Jag main dealer (Stratstone), as they are going to charge me full whack, yet I'm not 100% that they'll do a good job.

I have even been considering the costly option (probably not really cost effective) of a 5 hour, 400 mile round trip from South Wales to Sturgess, knowing that it'll be looked after (after reading the great comments on this site).

#17 ·
AFAIK only heated and cooled seats don't have the element.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk Pro

#19 ·
People drive further to get to
Sturgess and aren't disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk Pro

#22 ·
I'm also thinking of going to Sturgess for my next service (coming up soon I feel).
Stratstone can be good . . . . but can be bloody awful as well. The last service they did on my 3-year-old X-Type was such an example. It was running like a well-oiled sewing machine when I dropped it off in the morning and sounded (and felt) like a 25-year-old London taxi when I collected it in the afternoon.
I'd just have to think how to plan my day if I did take it to Leicester.

#21 ·
I think its a little unfair to call ALL stratstone dealers under one umbrella.

Each dealership is an individual with different individuals working in them.

Yes Derby have been very blasé and may be a little arrogant/nieve with the comment that there isn't a heater element where the mark is.

Sent from my iPhone 5

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.