Jaguar Forum banner

Too short..the flappy paddles, that is

3K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  08292 
#1 ·
Ladies, Gentlemen, Others,

I know that D3GGY was looking into alloy replacement flappy paddles at one point, and Puntoboy went all McLaren on us, but has anyone got a current solution? I read that Rigger is trying to get a stiffer spring in his (!), so we all sem to be tring to achieve a similar nirvana, i.e. a less plasticky paddle with a nice action that's big enough to use in a hurry, when you step up to the plate, and find the need to release the inner wilf.

Those whove chosen the Range Rover/F-Type ones, any findings?

#3 ·
Unfortunately the project has stalled for me as I'm too busy with work also getting the patterns made wasn't going to be cheap something in the order of £600 for each paddle.

The casting of the paddles wasn't too much but then they have to be polished and machined.

I didn't have funds to follow this through not knowing what the take up would be for an expensive product and prototyping costs.

I think the genuine ones are circa £300 a pair.

Just reminded me to send WKD1 his paddles back though.

#7 ·
No one has fitted them that I'm aware of.

A few people have driven cars with then fitted though, Ash has.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk Pro

#12 ·
The orange paddles as fitted to th V8S seemed like anodised aluminium with soft touch or rubber paint on the rear, a nice feel to them v the XF solution but certainly not worh £300 IMO

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.