Jaguar Forum banner

2016 XJR

8K views 32 replies 18 participants last post by  Phil1 
#1 ·
Looks lovely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#4 ·
Black pack is std on the R Sport model. Otherwise it's Chrome.

That playing card looks fing ridiculous .Callum must have been on a week off when that was signed off.

#5 ·
That's an R not R-Sport.

#7 ·
Looks 95% fantastic. 5% like a poor afterthought that a 5 year old could have done better with. Get rid of that silly surround by the growler badge - and voila - 100% fantastic!

#8 ·
I noticed it on the F Pace models at the Goodwood Event. It looked awful and was basically a flat growler picture beneath a clear piece of plastic. No longer a proper 3D badge. I don't know whether it's to do with any part of the new technology but it really did look terrible, cheap and nasty!

#9 ·
I believe that's due to the front camera.

#10 ·
Is it the Adaptive Cruise Control which I believe is an option?

#12 ·
I believe so, but the older versions weren't so blatantly aesthetically ugly. They were tucked away or at least not so obvious.

#11 ·
I noticed it on an XFS when I went to one of the XF preview events last year, and ask one of the Jaguar representatives what it was.......and can confirm what Phil has said, its the Adaptive Cruise sensor!!

#13 ·
Are we saying then if you don't have Adaptive Cruise Control in a new XF or F-Face then you'll get a proper Growler grille badge, same as the ones we have now?

#14 ·
It would look so much better without the shut line across the bonnet.

#15 ·
My understanding as well is that it is part of the sensor package for the adaptive cruise control

#16 ·
One big advantage of that shut line is to fit film protection more easily to prevent the stone chips on the leading edge.

#17 ·
That is a very good point. It still would look a million times better if it had the X250 configuration but yes, you'd be mad not to fit a clear bra to the new Jaguars with the detached nose piece, I think every model you can buy new is like that now?

#27 ·
When you go on the XJ Configurator, and add the ACC, it shows the "playing card" + growler badge as the little picture next to the option .... maybe the designers think it looks cool :eek: ?

#32 ·
I love the XJR more than anything but the depreciation is enough to make a grown man weep. Never seen anything like it before.

Also you can get a black pack on an R-Sport or an R - they make them for both ! That one has clearly been kitted with one.

Considering they've massively softened the chassis in the MY16 (IMO), they'd have to have made major stiffening changes to make it work again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.