Jaguar Forum banner

wanted- set of alloys/tyres

6K views 33 replies 11 participants last post by  Ash 
#1 ·
I was going to get my 18 inch wheels refurbed but now I am considering replacing the 18 wheels for either 19 or 20

If anybody has anything they are considering selling, please let me know
Thanks in advance
Paul;)

#2 ·
Hi Paul, just a quick note I had an S type before my XF & changed from 18 inch to 19 inch barsalonas & found it did make the ride slightly harder.
I found the XF ride with 18 inch wheels a comparable comfort of ride as the S type with 19 inch, but if you are ok wth firmer ride then great.
Also the larger diameter wheel rim you go for the more careful you have to be with curbs saying that I had no issues with my 19 inch.
Alan

#3 ·
There are some stunning 19" and 20" alloys in the XF range. They do come up on here from time to time and any that come up on eBay are often brought to our collective attention by the extremely helpful members on here.

We will keep our eyes peeled :gt-happyup:

#4 ·
If you're not keeping your Cygnus rims it may be worth advertising them on here as members are often on the lookout for 18" rims for their winter tyres.

#6 ·
Thanks for the info and suggestions guys. I do want to be careful not to ruin the handling of the car but at the same time i think that if i am going to the expense of a full set of wheels/tyres i may as well go for 20s:confused:

I used to run 22" wheels on my Range rover so am used to watching curbs:eek:. As for the ride, dont forget i came from an Audi A5 s-line and the ride couldn't be any worse than that even if i ran 24" wheels with no tyres:eek:
Paul

#7 ·
I've had three XFS's all running on 20" rims and the ride has been absolutely fine. A lot has been written on this subject on the relevant threads and in general most people with 19 & 20 inch rims are perfectly happy. Ive lost count of the times former BMW or Audi owners have said their new XF on 20" alloys actually rides better than their previous steed on 17 or 18's.

#8 ·
Exactly!! My A5 was on 19" wheels and the ride was terrible on anything other than billiard table smooth roads (something of a rarity around yorkshire!!). The s-line suspension amplified this but it is a common complaint around the audi forums

#9 ·
I had a '58' plate for 4 years on 19" wheels and had the current one since November on 20" wheels.

Quite content with the ride of both. Not very kerb friendly is the only issue to be aware of.

#10 ·
i Have seen several sets for sale on Ebay where they say they are staggered ie. different offset f & r? Does anyone run staggered wheels on their XF? and is there anywhere i can find a list of which wheels will fit straight on?
for example

XF/XFR
XK/XKR
S-type
XJ
X-type
staggered/ non staggered

There seems to be loads of options but its all a bit confusing. A guy near me is selling a set of 19" wheels that he says came of an XF but they are 49 front and 31 rear offset??

Also i have seen these (unfortunately they are out of my price range this week due to buying the car) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151035492422?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

#12 ·
Thats what i wondered? Although i think my XF could handle wheels that filled the arches more, i dont want to end up with the "Carlos Fandango"look (for those like me old enough to remember;))

#14 ·
The staggered XK rear wheels do physically fit the XF but stick quite a way out of the arches. It all depends whether you like that look or not?

Staggered XFR rears won't look any different to your existing wheels because they have an increased offset.

If you see something, post a link & we'll advise you what they are & how they'll fit.

(Don't trust eBay sellers to give the correct fitment. Many advertise wheels as XF/XK/XJ).

#15 ·
Now sorted thanks to Kidz147. Played it safe and got a set that came off an XF

Cheers Andy, nice to meet you
Thanks everyone for your guidance and info:adore:
Paul

#20 ·
Well worth the investment.:D

Will you be getting a set of winter tyres for the 18"?

#22 ·
Thanks guys, i am really pleased with the upgrade. No noticable change in the ride either:cool:

Probably not, i have a couple of Landrovers that will be out when the white stuff comes so will probably sell the 18s on so i am not tripping over them all the time
Paul

#34 ·
I have always had a strict routine of a certain pocket for wallet, another for phone, another for train & tube pass, another for loose change, etc. Its always the same correct and most efficient pockets.

The whole way I work is like this and although I can't quantify it I'm sure it must have helped with the head injury to take a chunk of management away from the brain which wasn't firing on all 8 for weeks afterwards.

May contain iPhone autocorrect spilling errors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.