: service time

dazmac
25th March 2013, 21:14
my jags gone in for its service today, while driving from birmingham to leicester i was thinking what they may give me as a coutesy car, so im dreaming of the obvious sportbrake/xfr/xkr etc or even another xf, but no i got a volvo lol ( not complaining really i had a car to do the bits and bobs i needed ) got in fuel light on so was told you need to get some fuel and bring back with the same level. so it says 20miles till tank empty garage directly opposite thought stick a tenner in( i know tight arse ) started driving noticed it still said 20miles till empty thought that cant be right, driving along m69 drops to 15 thinking will it wont it last. got to corley services and it reads 20 miles left so thought i should make it home doin just 65-70 mph. just a drive past turning for services drops back to 15miles, plodding along the miles in tank just reads 3 dashes. thats not good managed to get to coleshill put 20quid in and all of a sudden it reads 240 miles in tank, so if your ever in a volvo dont risk getting down to 20miles left in tank you wont know weather your coming or going lol. oh well moan over. go back to collect car around 5ish had boot side net and leather gear selector fitted at same time which styrgess didnt charge for fitting as car was being serviced thankyou sturgess. started her up just pulled off forecourt and noticed airbag light on dash. so i turn round and head back, if you've been to sturgess you would its down to the island and back up again. pulled in explained situation no problem get the engineer to take a look. sat in waiting room for ten mins or so guy came up and said everytime we clear it, it returns couple of seconds later. at which point was told they would need to keep the car over night and get it checked out next. so im thinking here we go that dreaded word( not the fact the car had to be kept over night at which they said they would bring car to me once sorted, as im sure im in good hands with sturgess) it was the volvo word could you take the volvo home while we sort your car, ok i said. well luck would have as i was waiting for the keys i saw the volvo being driven away, so i was a happy bunny when darren returned with the keys to a 2.2 62plate xf, i can hold my head up high again when driving about, sorry for the long post i had to tell someone

daz

D3GGY
25th March 2013, 21:19
my jags gone in for its service today, while driving from birmingham to leicester i was thinking what they may give me as a coutesy car, so im dreaming of the obvious sportbrake/xfr/xkr etc or even another xf, but no i got a volvo lol ( not complaining really i had a car to do the bits and bobs i needed ) got in fuel light on so was told you need to get some fuel and bring back with the same level. so it says 20miles till tank empty garage directly opposite thought stick a tenner in( i know tight arse ) started driving noticed it still said 20miles till empty thought that cant be right, driving along m69 drops to 15 thinking will it wont it last. got to corley services and it reads 20 miles left so thought i should make it home doin just 65-70 mph. just a drive past turning for services drops back to 15miles, plodding along the miles in tank just reads 3 dashes. thats not good managed to get to coleshill put 20quid in and all of a sudden it reads 240 miles in tank, so if your ever in a volvo dont risk getting down to 20miles left in tank you wont know weather your coming or going lol. oh well moan over. go back to collect car around 5ish had boot side net and leather gear selector fitted at same time which styrgess didnt charge for fitting as car was being serviced thankyou sturgess. started her up just pulled off forecourt and noticed airbag light on dash. so i turn round and head back, if you've been to sturgess you would its down to the island and back up again. pulled in explained situation no problem get the engineer to take a look. sat in waiting room for ten mins or so guy came up and said everytime we clear it, it returns couple of seconds later. at which point was told they would need to keep the car over night and get it checked out next. so im thinking here we go that dreaded word( not the fact the car had to be kept over night at which they said they would bring car to me once sorted, as im sure im in good hands with sturgess) it was the volvo word could you take the volvo home while we sort your car, ok i said. well luck would have as i was waiting for the keys i saw the volvo being driven away, so i was a happy bunny when darren returned with the keys to a 2.2 62plate xf, i can hold my head up high again when driving about, sorry for the long post i had to tell someone

daz

Result, a curtesy car to be seen in, I had a Ford Focus last time.

R17
25th March 2013, 21:20
Ford Focus here too, last week...wasn't impressed!

D3GGY
25th March 2013, 21:22
Ford Focus here too, last week...wasn't impressed!

Where did you have your service?

Shellsbluebikini
25th March 2013, 21:25
Ford Fiesta....Sorry...but I could've help but laugh out loud when reading about your fuel woes:biggrin:

Dave
25th March 2013, 21:27
Mine was serviced today... I think....

Rattly door sorted
Rattly bonnet sorted
Service done.... How do you know?
Eco stop/start fault.... Pending Jaguars updated software release mid April

No offer of a loaner... Miserable gits

dazmac
25th March 2013, 21:36

Rattly door sorted
Rattly bonnet sorted
Eco stop/start fault.... Pending Jaguars updated software real ease mid April

no loan car, was that at a dealer, i got a loan car when they were just fitting my drls

R17
25th March 2013, 21:37

Rattly door sorted
Rattly bonnet sorted
Eco stop/start fault.... Pending Jaguars updated software real ease mid April

Really....did you ask when booking?

adzphtg
25th March 2013, 21:41
The dealers I use only give XF's. If the car is in with them there is always a loaner.

TibbyWoo
25th March 2013, 21:52
Same fuel thing happened with my wife's corsa. Bloody frustrating.

My 55 plate Volvo s40 never had a problem with range display - it was always spot on and reflected fuel added well.

ExFS
25th March 2013, 22:27
I thought Sturgess had a convertible XK as their courtesy car! :eek: :icon_lol:

Gripper
25th March 2013, 22:51
If they do have an XK they never let me have it - I got the Volvo too - one great lump of plastic inside and the obligatory fuel light on, and BTW it always takes them two to three times to fix faults, as i live about 4 miles away i simply let them pick my car up and return it later - better to be without a car than have the Volvo.

ExFS
25th March 2013, 23:13
If I remember rightly it was a lovely metallic light blue colour. If I could, a quick search on xff for Sturgess_service_courtesy & convertible might confirm :D

coneman
26th March 2013, 00:31
I thought Sturgess had a convertible XK as their courtesy car! :eek: :icon_lol:

That will just be for the forum moderators............. lol.

Dave
26th March 2013, 08:02
They didn't offer and I didn't ask.. But good customer service would say at least ask

TheStig
26th March 2013, 08:07

Finally.....a perk!:D

Sturgess
26th March 2013, 08:08

Not at all ;) The key is to make sure the "tea lady" knows you're booked in ;) She'll always try her hardest to make sure the loan car is a "surprise" :)

wilf
26th March 2013, 08:14
I can vouch for this, Nichola has arranged some interesting loaners for me and (I hope) will continue to do so.

Probably right up to the point when I unleash the current Mrs Wilf onto their showroom floor in full-on "customer" mode. Up 'til now she has been in "supporting my husband and helping him make the RIGHT colour decision " mode.

ExFS
26th March 2013, 08:15
Not at all ;) The key is to make sure the "tea lady" knows you're booked in ;) She'll always try her hardest to make sure the loan car is a "surprise" :)
Yes of course, sorry, I should have mentioned that bit too :D

Sorry Sturgess, did not mean for my post to be at all mischievous....that's me demoted to a basic spec KA for my next service then...:rolleyes:

ExFS
26th March 2013, 08:16
....should I bring my own cup of coffee too :icon_lol:

Dunc
26th March 2013, 08:31
I thought Jaguar dealers did a collect and return within a 50 mile radius,

Sturgess
26th March 2013, 08:43
Yes of course, sorry, I should have mentioned that bit too :D

Sorry Sturgess, did not mean for my post to be at all mischievous....that's me demoted to a basic spec KA for my next service then...:rolleyes:

But we don't sell Fords.......... :eek: We can only ever have our own franchise cars to choose from :cool:

The tea lady loves a bit of "mischief" ;)

(Dunc - we can collect & deliver within 50 miles, of course)

Sturgess
26th March 2013, 08:46
I can vouch for this, Nichola has arranged some interesting loaners for me and (I hope) will continue to do so.

Probably right up to the point when I unleash the current Mrs Wilf onto their showroom floor in full-on "customer" mode. Up 'til now she has been in "supporting my husband and helping him make the RIGHT colour decision " mode.

Wilf - Mrs Wilf will be fine with us. Looking forward to helping her choose :)

ExFS
26th March 2013, 09:23
Wilf - Mrs Wilf will be fine with us. Looking forward to helping her choose :)
Isn't the New Range Rover Sport revealed today?!? :D

wilf....the new Evoque may suddenly be your preferred option!! :eek:

dazmac
26th March 2013, 12:06
so must remember book car in, then speak to tea lady lol

Shrek
26th March 2013, 12:13
Mine's not due for a bit, but what's the lead time for booking a service? And can the first one be a "while you wait"?

wilf
26th March 2013, 12:26
Isn't the New Range Rover Sport revealed today?!? :D

wilf....the new Evoque may suddenly be your preferred option!! :eek:

The new Sport might be on MY list for next time. The current Mrs Wilf thinks it is far too big. Phew.

Sturgess
26th March 2013, 13:22
Mine's not due for a bit, but what's the lead time for booking a service? And can the first one be a "while you wait"?

Lead time - just a few days generally, and yes the first one can be a while u wait if you need :)

so must remember book car in, then speak to tea lady lol - You've got the idea ;)

The new Sport might be on MY list for next time. The current Mrs Wilf thinks it is far too big. Phew. - every cloud ;)

dazmac
26th March 2013, 13:46
just had call from darren, it was just a pin set under the bonnet needed pushing in properly all done and vehicle being returned to me at home great stuff

coneman
26th March 2013, 15:02

Rattly door sorted
Rattly bonnet sorted
Eco stop/start fault.... Pending Jaguars updated software release mid April

Was that at HA Fox, because it has familiar hints?

Dave
26th March 2013, 15:04
It was HA FOX Southampton.

I'm not overly keen on the customer experience to date but that was an individual there rather than the company.

coneman
26th March 2013, 15:08
Anybody care to offer a price for a 'B' service? I will be needing my two year one soon and will be shopping round. So far I have a quote for 385. Pity I am a bit further than 50miles from Sturgess because I might be prepared to pay a bit more for the services of the highest rated midlands dealership.

coneman
26th March 2013, 15:15
It was HA FOX Southampton.

I'm not overly keen on the customer experience to date but that was an individual there rather than the company.

It's individuals attitude that make or break the experience in reality, but the standard is set from the top. HA Fox dealers seem very variable to me, having had dealings with three of them around me in Yorkshire. I knew they had the dealership in Southampton, so it wasn't a hard guess.

Sturgess
26th March 2013, 19:25
Anybody care to offer a price for a 'B' service? I will be needing my two year one soon and will be shopping round. So far I have a quote for 385. Pity I am a bit further than 50miles from Sturgess because I might be prepared to pay a bit more for the services of the highest rated midlands dealership.

Happy to get you a price Coneman if you don't think we are too far away or you were heading down this way for something else and could combine the two?

R17
11th April 2013, 12:59
So I get a call today from the dealer - just confirming your car is still in with us tomorrow AND we have reserved an XF as a courtesy car, after my complaint about the Focus I had last time...

My dealer has gone up a notch in my estimation :D

Philayl
11th April 2013, 13:34
Last time I had a courtesy car from the dealer during a service it was a Ford Fiesta auto, when I asked why a Ford, I was told that it was because of cost, they could provide 6 XF loan cars or 10 Ford Fiesta's, so they set out to provide the maximum number of loan cars, I suppose in a way it makes sense. Phil

andywaddy
12th April 2013, 12:04
I had a service at HA Fox Preston and was given an XJR with 1300miles on the clock (I had previously asked to drive an XJ therefore I believe the one they gave me was a demonstrator not a courtesy vehicle). I'll be honest, I didn't want to give it back and when I had an apologetic phone call saying they wanted to keep mine another day...I wasn't exactly mad!

I've always had good dealings from this dealer and I do get on well with the service reps so they often do their best by me :)