Jaguar Forum banner

Polaris White 2.2D LE Sport - Today's photo location

9K views 45 replies 13 participants last post by  Kentxf 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#11 ·
Love it.

Some advice if I may, turn the wheels so you are looking at the wheel side on but the car at an angle
And drop your stance so the camera is say level with the drivers head, it looks dull so f11 at 180th should make the sky nice and moody but keep the white jag nice and sharp.

Good shot I wish I had that location.

James

#13 ·
Thanks for the tips James.

My excuse

It was a last minute thing (had about 10 minutes warning). It was a Pistonheads meeting at Beaulieu. A limited number of slots were available with a professional photgrapher free of charge but with a donation to Hampshire and isle of Wight Air Ambulance. I missed all the slots but one became available. The pro took a few shots whilst I was faffing about with my iPhone. He will email them to me some time in the near future. I'll post them here when he does.

It is a rare opportunity to take a few photos outside Lord Monatgues House. No members of the public cars are normally allowed anywhere near there.

#23 ·
In the garage I have the XFR diffuser for my current XF that I never got round to fitting (mainly due to all those reports of welded clips).

Will the diffuser bit fit straight onto my new MY2013 without any problems & how long does it take to fit it?

#25 ·
Today's photo location

So you didn't have to drill any new holes for the clips? I'm doing mine next Sunday and expecting to cut welded lugs off and make new slots. Taking the bumper off to get the old part off.

#30 · (Edited)
He'd come a fair way, he lives near Norwich.

There's rumoured to be a totally new 2.3 ltr EcoBoost with 300bhp going in the 2014 and RHD one but I'll stick with the V8 thanks :D

I don't find the LHD a problem, it's handy to stop at the side of the road and step out onto the pavement and I never go to MacDonalds anyway.

Dartford Toll:

#31 ·
I do like the mustang to look at but I must say it was not a very refined drive, fast, yes but just felt a bit old
But I have not driven one for a good few years so may be they have changed now.

Stunning looks though.

James

#37 ·
I'm not sure why Ford would put such a small engine in the mustang over here. The V8 boys will laugh it off the road.
Probably because of the same EU rules Wilf just mentioned in the New IRR XFR thread. What is a Mustang without a V8?? :rolleyes:

#35 ·
Nessie - so unfair. ;) The Cobra had a built 351W stroked to 408. I was going the FE 427 sideoiler route but the budget for that would have caused a divorce. I decided 450+ BHP was enough...........

#38 ·
Yep - in the US it is known as "CAFE" - Corporate Average Fuel Economy.

And yes, a Mustang without a V8 is no Mustang.

Greens - I hope you are pleased with yourselves. We shall all have nice 500cc cars that are sh*t to drive, and no lights on at home either. Well done!

#41 ·
Funny how the "Ford vs GM" thing extends from the US to Oz, we never had it at all here in Blighty. That's why you get (misguided) people putting Chevy engines in Cobra replicas, the horror.

#43 ·
Today's photo location

Wilf, you would be put in gaol for that here. :) .
You clearly have had no exposure to our National V8 racing series.
Red (GM) or Blue (Ford).
Fanatical...
And then this year they have introduced Nissan (yes, in a V8 series) and AMG in an E Class shape.
Bloody sacrilege...

Sent from my iPad so the spelling probably sucks.

#44 ·
Yep, I know all that, same thing in Nascar or whatever, red and blue taking sides.

I quite like it, but it never took root here.

Dave - it may or may not have a furry hood.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.