Jaguar Forum banner

XFR or XFR?

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Kentxf 
#1 ·
I met up with a young guy on sunday who has started using the other forum. He has a 61 plate XFR and wanted to come and have a look at mine as he was interested in the Spires exhaust.
He liked the exhaust note very much and I don't think it will be too long before he gives Matt a ring to order the upgrade. On a local track near to me, probably the same one as Wilf uses, I gave it some welly so he could hear the enhanced noise. He loved it but was more amazed by the difference in performance in my car compared to his. In his words "It's much quicker than mine".
I have asked him to post his thoughts on this forum as I thought it might be useful to have a comparison from his point of view. XFR vs mapped XFR?
Watch this space.

#2 ·
Interesting - we really need some comparitive performance figures
Now my car is over 3 years and out of warranty I have been thinking again about a remap but I'd want to know I would really feel the difference.

#4 ·
Text Line Parallel Pattern Square

Having a similar aged car to both Codfather and Jagseven, I have benefitted from a higher than advertised bhp, which has been enhanced further with a DMS automotive re-map. As shown above with near 590bhp. I have played around with the air filters but have gone back to OEM but never had the balls to do anything physical to the supercharger (pulley). However, I think the exhaust is only for noise, as I haven't noticed any change with that...

#5 ·
I think jagseven's has been dyno'd at around 550 and mine which is totally standard including exhaust is 503 on the same dyno.

I'm going for the Spires back boxes in the new year so I'll be able to see if they make a difference or not when I go back to Surrey Rolling Road.

#7 ·
My car at Surrey Rolling Road showed 532bhp in standard form - that was before I had the Spires exhaust fitted - I didn't notice any increase in performacnce with the Spires exhaust and Spires make no claims for more power
Unless we all compare cars on the same day on the same rolling road we cannot be sure of any real differences (although I can well believe a remap might add circa 40bhp which is what Jaguar themselves have done to go from XKR to XKRS)
I wonder if anyone has put an XKRS on a rolling road yet - would be interested to see those results

Ash - what made you decide on a Spires exhaust in the end - is your modified standard exhaust no longer doing it for you?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.