Jaguar Forum banner

Parking sensor failure and a long beep on engine start

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Bee 
#1 ·
I assume the two are related. Whenever I start the car now I get a long beep sounding, and the parking sensors aren't working. Camera is still fine, and there are no warnings displayed in the system at all.

Anyone experienced similar? Am I looking at another hefty bill?

#2 ·
Ben,
If the system has a fault (when selecting reverse or turning on the ignition) a single 3 second tone will be heard and you should get a pop-up warning on the touch screen. If front and rear parking aids are fitted, the warning indicator in the parking aid switch will flash for 3 seconds and then switch off.

Sounds like a sensor has gone down

#3 ·
It's doing the latter, there's nothing in the touch screen, but I get the tone, and the button in the ceiling console flashed between blue and orange if you press it. They're intermittently working (oddly, only in one Marks & Spencer carpark I've visited twice now, maybe it's a British thing).

Sounds like Stratstone are getting more money from me. Roll on January.

#4 ·
Same thing happen to me! I had a diagnostic done and I was told it was a parking sensor, I bought a new one, got it colour coded, fitted it, reset the system only to find that it was the actual wiring loom and not the sensor!

Replaced the wiring loom and all was fine!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.