Jaguar Forum banner

From Skoda to Jaguar

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  k44ent 
#1 ·
I would like to thank Pottsy for setting this up - other forums feel like they are being run by Jaguars marketing department !

I had a 2.2 XF but sold it for lack of engine refinement and bought a new 3.0 XF which I am now trying to make a go of. I had a Skoda Octavia prior to the XF, I kind of regret selling it as it was a much better ride and gripped well in all weathers.

So far I have modified the XF's drivers seat (for back support and to soften the suspension), fitted Spires comfort suspension, added a space saver wheel and fitted 17" wheels.

I still have issues with the harsh bouncy ride and the effect of this on grip (and passengers), lack of steering feedback (the first thing you know is the car sliding sideways), lack of grip in poor conditions (tyres still too wide or wrong rubber), total lack of grip on winter mornings, 8 speed gearbox selecting low gears and then labouring at 1000rpm.

I like the general level of refinement but can't work out who the XF is aimed at - its soundproofed and trimmed like a luxury car but has suspension for 'white van man' or 'boy racers' - its only excels on perfectly flat roads when the temperature is above 25 degrees C. I am going to try and improve it !!

All the best

Lance.

See less See more
#5 ·
Lance - welcome. I understand the comment re other forums and am sure I know you from postson the subject of harshness of ride.

I must be a mid 50's boy racer as the ride on 20's suits me perfectly :) (but I know what you mean)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.